Oct 4, 2012 - 2:30 PM
Kindly be patient to read this long query,
We as a family (me,my husband,my mother,and 3year old Son) are travelling to Switzerland for 15 days Oct 22-Nov 5.
As this is my 1st visit I have no idea where to go,where to start or how many days to spend in a place. I foound In the website of myswitzerland.com they have readymade itinerary for 3/5/10 days. In the 10 day schedule they have made 1 day per place like geneva,zurich,lucerne,bern,basel,zermatt etc. now as i have 15 days I thought to spend the extra day wisely for the place needed most.
The itinerary is as follows(if its difficult to read my mail I would kindly request you to go to the website
myswitzerland.com ->Transport ->Services) and offer your suggestions.
Day 1 -- BASEL
Rhine,Beyeler Foundation, Rheinfeldon
Travel to Montreaux
Saignelgier, la Chaux de fonds, Lausanne
Day 2 -- MONTREAUX
Promenade de Montreaux, Rochers de Naye, Lake Geneva,
Travel to Bern
Day 3 -- BERN
Arcades, Paul Klee, Gurten
Travl to interlaken
Thun, Thunersee, Beatus hohlen
Day 4 -- INTERLAKEN
Jungfraujoch, Schynide Platte, Beatushohlen Cave
Travel to Zermatt
Nielsen, Blausee-mitholz, Oeschinensee.
Day 5 -- ZERMATT
Gornergrat, Alpine Village Findeln, Klein-Matterhorn
Travel to Ascona(transfer Big/Andermatt/Airolo/Bellinzona/Lucarno)
Day 6 -- ASCONA
Ascona, Lago Maggiore, Mogno / Valle Maggia
Travel to St.Mortiz(transfer via San Bernadine/Albula)
Drei Burgen, Via Mala, Chur, Bergun
Day 7 -- St. MORTIZ
Lakes, Silvaplano, Muottas Muragi
Travel to Appenzell
National Park, Taminaschlucht, Bundner Heuschatt,Klangweg
Day 8 -- APPENZELL
Travel to Zurich
Day 9 -- ZURICH
Zoo,Old town of Zurich,Kunsthaus
Travel to Lucerne (Train /Ship)
Hollgrotten, Zug, Rigi
Day 10 -- LUCERNE
Pilatus, Lake Lucerne,Old town Lucerne
Back to Geneva and fly back
1. Does the above itinerary seem doable?
2. I have 15 dys how do I split?
3. Under the heading travel to Lucerne,Zurich,appenzell and others there are some 2-3 places named do we stop and visit
or is it just a glance through the passing train/bus?
4. I arrive at Zurich 20:45 and depart from Zurich. Do I immediately go to BASEL and continue the Itinerary or I stay at Zurich the same night and visit LUCERNE and then BASEL subsequently?
5. My son loves zoo which is better Zurich or Basel zoo?
6. How can i include Mt.Titlis as it is not included?
7. Do I need a Stoller for my 3 year old? As he will ask me to carry him and walk and I can't as i am PREGNANT.
8. For 15 days what Rail pass should I get? Can I get 1 Swiss family card and Flexi 2 for 1 card which allows my son to travel free.
Iam terribly sorry for troubling you with so many questions and a huge mail.
I have no where to turn to, and after seeing you help so many people, I thought you would be kind to reply .
Many Many Thanks