Need Help- Travel from Amsterdam to Interlaken.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2012 at 8:20:45 #805635

HI,
    I would like to travel from Amsterdam for two days trip to interlaken and spend two days in Jungfrau, could you please help me with below queries,
    1.Is there a Train from Amsterdam to interlaken either directly or by changing?
    2.If there is no trains from amsterdam is there a bus or what will be the best way to reach?
    3.Will october be a good time to travel
    4.Suggestion on cheap stay and location
    5.Currency-Will Euro be ok?
    Note:Im travelling first time in Europe

Regards,
    Parth

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    28 September 2012 at 9:27:47 #837273

Welcome to the forum Parth! There are direct trains from Amsterdam to Basel. You’ll have to change trains to Interlaken there. Night trains from City Night Line are an option too. All connections, including the international ones, are to be found in the Swiss timetable.

Yes, October is fine. Depending on the exact week(s) in which you’ll be visiting, you may see splendid fall forests combined with snow capped mountain tops.

Affordable hotels in Interlaken near railway stations are listed here. You may also like the other tips on a budget stay in Switzerland.

Euros are accepted in most major hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions, but not everywhere, so it’s convenient to have some Swiss francs. You can change your money at banks and Swiss railway stations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2012 at 14:01:00 #837274

Hi Annanika,
    Thank you for the reply, I will look in to the given details(links) and will come back if i have any queries.

Parth

• The thread ‘Need Help- Travel from Amsterdam to Interlaken.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.