Need help with itinerary – 6 days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 1:58:12 #815262

HI all,

We are two families travelling to Switerzland for 6 nights and then to Paris for 3 nights/4 days. We are in our 50s and our kids are early teens. Please see the below itinerary and provide any feedback on this:

Day 0 Arrive into Zurich; do sight seeing in the late afternoon. Stay in Zurich.

Day 1 Zurich to Lucern; spend the day in Lucerne and then proceed to Lauterbrunnen

Day 2 Jungfraujoch

Day 3 Lauterbrunnen and other small towns

Day 4 Interlaken to Zermatt

Day 5 Zermatt to Montreux; Montreaux to Geneva

Day 6 Geneva to Paris

Thank you,

Sreela

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 9:52:31 #881912

Hi Sreela and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Certainly you can accomplish that itinerary without too much trouble. What are you hoping to do on each day?

If you would like ideas on what to do, try the following links:

Also, be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips and look at our web page on how to choose the best rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 10:01:45 #881913

Thank you Lucas. Is the trip to Montreau worth it (castle) or should we instead add a day in Lucerne or Interlsken?

Ftom Lucerne we were going to go Lauterbrunnrn area to stay – does that give us enough time ?

can you please help with accommodation suggestions for party of 7? Are there any other places we should add since this is our first time?

thank you

Sreela

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 14:25:57 #881914

If your focus is on seeing and being in the mountains of Switzerland, I would not go to Montreux (given your short trip here). I certainly do think it is a nice area that people should visit…. but you can’t do everything :).

It is really up to you to decide want to see and do while you are here. My links will give you ideas on what you can see and do in each town/area.

You can click on the town links above and click the hotels tab on each town for our hotel suggestions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2018 at 0:21:56 #881915

I presume you are thinking of the Chateau de Chillon, which is not actually ‘in’ Montreux.

I don’t think you should change your itinerary at all, it gives a good cross section and includes Suisse Romande, which so many people ignore…

The views of the lake and mountains around the Chillon area are very good.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 April 2018 at 7:18:05 #881916

It’s a nice walk along the lake to reach the castle from the train station in Montreux. But there are buses and trains going there as well. Boats too, but not very frequently.

madduris2000
    Participant
    32 posts
    13 April 2018 at 12:23:00 #881917

Sreela,,

Hi ! Me and wife covered more or less same places as you planned, but in two separate trips- my suggestions, for whatever they are worth:

-We saw lake Geneva and the Cheateau while travelling on train, just sit on left side while travelling from Zermatt to Geneva!

– Hope you are planning trip to Mt Titlis, children may like it.

– While at Zermatt, Matterhorne glacier trip may be considered.

These are just my “likes” – you must be following tripadvisor etc too for other ideas.

Enjoy liesurely walks along Swiss villages on hill slopes wherever feasible.

Best wishes for a fantastic trip.

Regards

Sundar Ram Madduri

• The thread ‘Need help with itinerary – 6 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.