Need suggested itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2013 at 11:51:48 #805901

Hello all! My partner and I are planning a trip to Switzerland flying into Geneva and departing from Zurich. We would love to do the Golden Pass train from Geneva to Zurich and would appreciate tips on the best stops on the way? Interlaken?
    Also would love to do the Jungfraujoch while we’re there.

Also, I’ve found SO many different links for train passes it seems a bit confusing. The most up to date link would also be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Richard

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2013 at 13:52:27 #838350

oh….This is Saturday to Saturday….so one week….September

Annika
    7121 posts
    16 April 2013 at 11:11:43 #838351

Hi panamaguy. An up to date overview of Swiss rail passes can be found here. Just click on a rail pass for a full page with details, downloadable validity network maps, purchase options and prices. Which pass is best, depends on your travel schedule. If you plan travel throughout the country, including longer train trips, and if you want to keep your travel scheme flexible, an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass would be a good option.

Your itinerary should be composed based on your personal interests. Generally, I’d say that you could take the Golden Pass route as your base and plan overnight stays in a couple of towns. Lucerne and Interlaken would both deserve one or two days for their wonderful alpine surroundings. The forum and this overview offer lots of day trip tips for these regions. You could add Montreux and/or Geneva for a cultural component. The timetable helps you plan your trip. Hotels can be found below:

• The thread ‘Need suggested itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.