Need suggestion for infant & Itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2012 at 11:42:46 #805236

Hi ,

I am travelling on May 26 – May 28 with my wife & infant ( 11 Months Old ) .
    My Itinerary is :

I have purchased Swiss Pass + Mt Titlis Tickets online. I have done hotel booking :- 1 Night Lucerne ( 26th May ) & 1 Night Geneva ( 27th May ) & I have my return train at 15:30 on May 28th from Geneva – Toulouse.
    On 27th May in morning I will be going to Engelberg – Mt Titlis & will return from there and move to Geneva in Late Afternoon.

Few Questions :-

1) My Son is 11 months Old, So is it OK for him to travel at such height, do i need to take some precautionary steps before travel.
    2) For Carrying him , Currently I am using Stroller , So will I use it in Mt Titlis ( Cable Car + Ice Flyer ) also, means stroller will be allowed in Cable car & Ice Flyer ?
    3) I have half day in Lucerne & Geneva which I have not planned yet , Can you suggest me some good place to visit or any
    activity that can I do which is worth in that much time.

Please suggest asap.

Thanks
    Ankesh Jindal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2012 at 14:01:56 #835994

Can I Add Some River / Lake Cruise as it comes free with my pass in Geneva or Lucerne . In Lucerne I have time from 18:00 to 23:00 and in Geneva I have time from Early Morning till 13:00.
    Please Suggest
    Ankesh Jindal

Annika
    7103 posts
    9 May 2012 at 8:44:40 #835995

Hello Ankesh Jindal! Generally, it’s safe fo travel up to the Titlis with a 11 months old. It’s always wise to pay attention to signs of high altitude sickness though. Information can be found in this previous forum topic. Strollers can be used in the cable car up to the Titlis, but not in the Ice Flyer: that’s a chair lift.

As for the rest of your stay: information on boat trips over lake Lucerne can be found here; boat trips at lake Geneva are described here. Most museums in Lucerne will be closed by 18:00, but sightseeing in the town centre and having dinner there is a great alternative.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2012 at 5:50:16 #835996

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion, Few more queries :-

1) Can I put stroller somewhere when I will take ice flyer (Any Lockers or I can leave to any shop on Mount Titlis).
    2) I have very little time in Lucerne & Geneva , I will brief it below :-
    In Lucerne – From 18:00 to 23:00 Evening
    In Geneva – From 06:00 to 14:00 Morning
    What you suggest I will do in that much time , should I go for City Tour or River Cruise.
    3) Which is the best and cheapest way to convert Swiss Franc , As I will arrive in Geneva Coravin train station , Is there any Money Exchanger there which or I will buy it from any public money exchanger.

Looking for reply

Thanks
    Ankesh Jindal

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 May 2012 at 6:32:17 #835997

Hi Ankesh Jindal! I’m not sure if there’s a storage facility up at the Titlis, but I suggest you contact the Titlis mountain railways to find out. As for your stay in Lucerne or Geneva: the boat time tables I linked to will help you find out whether a boat trip is possible. For further tips, you can best check my previous answer on Lucerne and visit the Geneva tourism website. You’ll find detailed information on city tours and other (short) trips there.

There’s a currency exchange office at the Geneva railway station. That’s probably the easiest way to arrange for your exchange.

• The thread ‘Need suggestion for infant & Itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.