On-line Swiss site for sending gifts?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2011 at 12:21:35 #804776

This is off topic from most of this board, but I found great help on this site when traveling this summer. I stayed with family and, unfortunately, didn’t bring gifts with me. I’d like to send them something, but it’s very expensive to ship a package from the states. Are there “Amazon” or “Ebay” like sites in Switzerland for buying things and having them delivered? I’m leaning toward a case of wine or a bottle of scotch.

Thanks, Larry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 September 2011 at 10:59:54 #834478

Hi Larry,

There’s ebay.ch and tradus.ch. And there are specialized shops such as this wine website.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2011 at 7:19:22 #834479

I would agree on a bottle of wine being one of the best gifts you can decide on. It is simple but it is also very elegant and meaningful. You definitely show that you made an effort because of choosing one special bottle from such a variety of available ones. So a wine gift delivery is the perfect choice. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2011 at 20:01:15 #834480

It appears that this site only delivers to UK: http://www.serenatawines.com

• The thread ‘On-line Swiss site for sending gifts?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.