One day trip to the Swiss Alps from Lake Como

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 20:22:20 #822717

if we only have one day to see the alps, what is a must visit? What’s the difference between Bernina Express vs Glacier Express?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 23:26:33 #917187

Lake Como is in the Alps, so you are already there really. However I assume you mean you want to see a high snowy peaked bit of the Alps.

The Glacier Express is a no-no from Lake Como for a day excursion.

Not that easy (due to the lack of railways around Lake Como) but possible is a 1 day trip Lake Como – Tirano – Bernina – St Moritz – Bernina – Tirano – Lake Como

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 23:38:42 #917188

Thanks for your quick response.

I have additional questions- how long is train ride from Tirano- Bernina- St Moritz and back to Como?

which train route do I purchase? I only booked one night in Como, we’re planning to return to Milan the same night after returning from st Moritz, is that possible?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2019 at 23:55:16 #917189

Como – St Moritz via Tirano is 5 hours 38 minutes. You travel Como – Monza (change) – Tirano on Italian trains. You would avoid Como altogether on the return and travel direct back to Milano as the Tirano trains run to and from Milano Centrale.

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy

• The thread ‘One day trip to the Swiss Alps from Lake Como’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.