I'm Shang from Malaysia. I'm planning to travel to Switzerland on 30th Dec 2021 - 8th Jan 2022. I would like some opinions on my itinerary. Your help are much appreciated！
Day 1: Reach Zurich at noon time, travel around Zurich, stay in Zurich.
Day 2: Check in Lucerne, travel in Lucerne town, stay in Lucerne.
Day 3: Travel to Mt Rigi OR Mt Tiltis OR Mt Pilatus, stay in Lucerne
Day 4: Take Golden Pass rail from Lucerne to Interlaken, Stay in Grindelwald.
Day 5: Jungfraujoch
Day 6: First mountain, leave Grindelwald and take Glacier Express rail from Grindelwald to Zermatt (transfer at Brig station), reach Zermatt at 5.10pm.
Day 7: Zermatt Peak 2 Peak Pass : Matterhorn glacier paradise and Gornergrat
Day 8: Zermatt
Day 9: Leave Zermatt in morning to Montreux.
Day 10: Flight at 7pm Zurich airport.
I have few questions:
1. As a foreigner, can I buy Swiss Travel Pass online and receive an e-ticket that allows me to print at home? This ticket will be valid to be used at Switzerland later?
2. I plan to buy a Swiss Travel Pass of Consecutive 8 days that cover from Day 2 to Day 9. Do you think this pass option is more money saving for me? or I should choose from Day 3 to Day 10 as fare from Montreux to Zurich is significantly more expensive.
3. Is my transportation arrangement for Day 6 that travels from Grindelwald to Zermatt allows me to take the Glacier express? The only train I noted departing from Brig to Zermatt is at 15:55pm, this makes me arrive at late evening at Zermatt, do I have better option that allows me have a chance to take Glacier express? I plan the transportation this way as I wish to have a seat on Glacier express.
3. Are seat reservations a must on both Glacier express and Golden pass?
4. Would you suggest some places of interest/activity for Day 8 at Zermatt?
5. Day 9 I would be visiting Chillion Castle, would you recommend some other places of interest nearby for Day 9 and Day 10, Geneva maybe? That still allows me to have spare time to catch the flight.
6. For Day 3, due to time constraint, I can only go to one of the mountains, which would you recommend?
Sorry for my long thread, help from all of you are much appreciated! Thank you very much!