Options to visit the alps from Zurich

Options to visit the alps from Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Karina
Karina
1 post
Feb 15, 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hello! My husband and I are planning a visit to Zurich from 25th to 28th February, and I was wondering what are our options to visit the Swiss alps near Zurich at this time of the year? I saw some attractions are closed. We are thinking about spending a day, maybe at Mount Pilatus. Please let me know the best places, things to do and transportation. Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
5555 posts
expert &
Feb 15, 2017 - 4:43 PM in reply to Karina

Hi Karina and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Zurich isn't very close to the mountains (well for Switzerland anyway).

Your best bet are some attractions near Luzern (local German spelling) such as Mt. Pilatus as you mentioned. Take a look at our Luzern activities page to see what is in the area - typically you are looking at about 2 hours from Zurich to get to most mountains near Luzern.

The SBB train timetable will help you figure out how to get there.

Ski season is in full swing in the mountains so if you are a non-skier your options may be a little limited once you are at the top, but the trip up and the restaurant may be worth the visit alone. Some snowshoeing may be available as well as sledging.

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 15, 2017 - 4:44 PM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018