Packing tips? – 30 days before Swiss trip

• autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    26 June 2018 at 10:52:45 #816900

We are not about a month out from our 2 weeks in Switzerland.

Thinking of packing and last minute to-do’s….

We have:passports, copies of reservations,passports/credit cards/healthcards, we have purchased travel insurance with medical insurance, and we have a detailed itinerary that is flexible by day depending on weather. I have called our bank to ensure our credit card and debit cards will work in Switzerland. We set up our spare cell phone (no data/sms) to be ready for wifi with apps like SBB and Google Translate.

To-Do

Is there anything I am missing that I should bring or know before heading on our travels?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2018 at 5:47:04 #889496

Hi Autumnz,

You sound like you are on the ball! I can’t think of anything else I would pack. It will depend on your activity plans though:

Be sure to pack some warm layers in case there is a cold snap on the mountain tops and proper hiking gear if you are hiking: https://www.myswissalp s.com/hiking/preparati on

• The thread ‘Packing tips? – 30 days before Swiss trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.