Jul 1, 2018 - 1:23 AM
I must call upon your expert advice once more! I am having difficulty determining the best combination of passes to obtain for my holiday in August. My "FINAL" itinerary will require the following:
Travel within Frankfurt, Germany will be:
1) from the airport to the hotel/some daily inner-city transportation which look to be covered with either a Frankfurt 1 or 2 day travel card available or/VGF daily fares
2) At least one - possibly 2 days of travel to sights outside of Frankfurt (ie Heidelberg),
3) Train travel from Frankfurt to Lucerne.
Once in Lucerne, day trips will include:
1) Boat trip to Vitznau, then train/cable car
2) Train ride/cable car to Mount Titlis.
We will then have to travel by train from Lucerne to Zurich.
So we will have a combination of travel needs which will require a combination of trains/cable cars/boat within both countries AND from one country to the other.
Will I need to purchase a Eurail pass AND one of the Swiss travel passes? Your thoughts?