Swiss passes covering all "private" cable cars?

Swiss passes covering all "private" cable cars?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
swissfans
swissfans
15 posts
Aug 19, 2017 - 7:21 AM

After study related info I have come to the understanding that the Swiss half fare card does not cover cable cars operated by quite a lot of companies. Specifically I will be taking cable car rides in the following area in the forthcoming trip in September :

Engstligenalp (www.engstligenalp.ch/d e/s/tarife)

Adelboden (www.adelboden-silleren.ch/en/s/ticke ts )

Niederhorn (www.niederhorn.ch/en/p rices/#anchor_dda92a11 _Accordion-1-Single-tickets )

Bettmerhorn / Eggishorn (www.aletscharena.ch/ca bleways/tickets-prices/single-trips/)

The fee is on the expensive side. May I know if there are any passes that cover all the mentioned cable car services ?

Arno
Arno
10352 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2017 - 5:23 PM

Hi Swissfans,

The Sillerenbahn is indeed not discounted with the Swiss Half Fare Card, but all others are. Many cable car companies are private companies, but that's not really relevant for travelers. You'd best check the map for what's covered: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/validi ty

Quite is lot is discounted, but indeed not all cable cars around Switzerland.

Enjoy your trips!

Last modified on Aug 19, 2017 - 5:24 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4486 posts
expert
Aug 20, 2017 - 1:51 AM in reply to swissfans

Hi Swissfans-

<<"The fee is on the expensive side.">>

It is, by " normal" standards, but it costs a lot to build, maintain and run those cableways safely.

Slowpoke

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018