Do you recommend the Paul Klee Museum in Bern?

• Martin9837
    Participant
    8 posts
    30 March 2023 at 7:48:30 #829452

Hi everyone, I have less than a day in Bern during my upcoming trip. I plan to walk around the city and am not sure whether to add the Paul Klee museum to my plans. Has anyone been? Do you recommend it? And how long would you suggest it takes to do it justice? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    31 March 2023 at 7:09:28 #952790

Hi Martin9837,

Zentrum Paul Klee is an art museum featuring the Swiss painter’s collection and materials. The centre is also popular for its many creative workshops and activities. But the museum is not exactly located in the city centre of Bern. It’s about 18 mins by bus from the Bern main train station. Entry to the museum is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. You can find more information about Zentrum Paul Klee here.

You can find more sightseeing options in Bern here: http://www.myswissalps.com/bern/activities

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2023 at 11:58:09 #952791

You can use the bus that takes you there as a ‘sightseeing tour’ – indeed the Zentrum Klee website even includes this in their how to get there instructions (see link)

The trolleybus 12 is the best as it has it’s terminus at the Klee centre therefore you won’t have a problem knowing where to get off. On the way it goes down the main street then across the river and past the Bear park.

http://www.zpk.org/en/visitor-informationshop/address-arrival-113.html

Janice3401
    Participant
    29 posts
    31 March 2023 at 18:34:25 #952792

Yes, it’s worth it—both for the art work and the innovative architecture of the buildings. I would say you need 1-2 hours. And as 1960man points out, the bus trip there is part of the experience, allowing you to see an area of the city you otherwise would not have seen.

For another Bern activity, I really enjoyed the Albert Einstein House (Einstein Haus Bern) which is located in the city center.

Janice

• The thread ‘Do you recommend the Paul Klee Museum in Bern?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.