Luzern to Pilatus and take Voralpen Express -1 day

Luzern to Pilatus and take Voralpen Express -1 day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
pooja64
pooja64
28 posts
Sep 1, 2017 - 4:21 PM

I intend to go to pilatus and take voralpen express(scenic train) from luzern on 17th sept.

1.Is it possible to make both the trips in one day?

2.Can I take voralpen express starting from luzern or will I need to go first to St.Gallen and tehn take the Voralpen express from st.gallen to luzern?I will be wasting my time that way.Can anyone suggest anything better?

3.Do I need to have prior reservation for voralpen express?

4.For pilatus,do I need to book before hand?I could understand that I will hav to take a boat ride from luzern to Alpanchstad and then change to cogwheel train to pilatus.Any more clarity anyone can provide pleas about this trip.

I dont have extra day so wish to do both these in one day.

Pls provide suggestions.(I would appreciate it if I could get elaborate guidance on this as this ism y first Swiss trip)

Thanks in advance.

Lucas
Lucas
5569 posts
expert &
Sep 1, 2017 - 5:31 PM in reply to pooja64

Hi Pooja64,

I think I answered these questions on your other post? No reservations are needed for either trip. Read about getting to Mt. Pilatus on our web page here.

As I said before I don't think you should do both of these trips in one day but you can if you really want to!

PS You don't need to make separate posts for every question - they can in the future be put in one post only. :)

Cheers

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018