PLAN FOR SWISS TRIP (5 days / 4 nights)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2012 at 6:19:09 #805716

Hello Annika,
    This forum is really very useful and very informative to plan vacation in swistzerland. I further need your advise to make my plan concrete.

Me,my wife and my mother are travelling from Netherlands to Switzerland. Out Itinerary is as follows.

13th June (Wednesday) – Travelling from Amsterdam to Geneva in the morning, so will be reaching at geneva at 10.30 AM, and we are having a return ticket from Gevena to Amsterdam on 17th June (Sunday).

We would like to cover Joungfraugh, Mt.Titlis or Zermatt, Glacier express experience, Rhine fall and city tours.

I would like to ask you that what would be the best fit plan for us. I have booked 2nights stay in Interlaken and 2 nights in Zurich but both are refundable so i can change my booking at anytime, if plan doesnt fit properly.

Please advise that which best mode for the transportation for 3 adults, however my mother is 55+ and we are thinking to take wheelchair.

Can you please make some good plan for us or can advise us.

In addition to that i also want to know that what would be travelling cost for Joungfraugh if we will take swiss pass or swiss saver flexi pass

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Regards,

Pratik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2012 at 15:56:27 #837823

Hi Pratik,

Annika is currently not available so I hope you don’t mind that I pick up your question 🙂 I’m glad to hear that you like this forum!

You have quite a wish list for just 5 days. The schedule below should be doable, but of course there are many other options. Please check the timetable for details.
    13th: travel to Lucerne, optionally with a break in Zurich
    14th: visit the Titlis
    15th: travel to St. Moritz
    16th: Glacier Express to Zermatt
    17th: depart early to visit the Jungfraujoch and go back to Geneva

You could take a 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and use the free travel days on the 13th, 15th, 16th and 17th.

Be sure to check out our hotel pages as well.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2012 at 17:13:12 #837824

Hello,
    Thanks for your quick reply. I really do appreciate your suggestion.
    But, i have booked hotel in interlekan on 13th and 14th and in zurich at 15th and 16th.
    So, I am planning that,
    On 13th- city tour of Geneva and in evening arrive in interlekan
    on 14th – early morning tour to Joungfraug
    On 15th Morning we need to check out from hotel and checkin at zurich and planning to take Rhine falls and zurich city tour OR Glacier full day train journey experience
    on 16th – Planning for Mt.Titlis
    On 17th- in the morning Zeermat or Zurich city tour and back to geneva airport in the evening.
    Do i will get the swiss flexi saver pass from Geneva Airport directly?
    For Geneva city tour, will i get direct train from geneva airport to Geneva city?
    Shall i keep my luggage in the locker room at Geneva train station?
    Mt.Titlis and Zeermat both is doable? or we can do it optionally?
    which city tour is doable? if geneva is not advisable than we can skip it on first day and we will do glacier full day….is it possible? as we will be reaching there at geneva airport on 13th June at 10.30 AM, and on the same day, Glacier express train experience can be possible with all of our luggage, and i am also thinking about reservation?
    Bit confused…..!!!
    As i will be taking 4 day swiss saver flexi pass in that case on 5th day do i get any benefits on train tickets or any discount?
    I visited the website of swiss saver flexi pass, and i think i will get 15% discount on all tickets as we are more than 2 adults, is it correct?
    Lots of questions but appreciate your soonest response.
    Regards
    Pratik

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 June 2012 at 12:19:51 #837825

Hello pratik. Please review the Swiss Flexi Pass page Arno mentioned to study the purchase options (just fill out your country of residence and other data in the upper right corner). The validity of the pass ends after the last free travel day, so if you use your travel days on day 1 to 4, there will be no discounts left on day 5. You should spread your free travel days the way Arno proposed. On the days in between, you’ll profit from discounts.

The timetable allows you to find out whether the day trips you planned are doable. Please note that you won’t be able to make the Glacier Express trip from Interlaken or Zurich as a day trip, as that’s in another part of the country and requires too much traveling time. You could only do part of it when traveling from Geneva to Interlaken, but that would be huge detour as well. You can better consider the Golden Pass from Montreux to Interlaken, which is a beautiful scenic route too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2012 at 16:01:04 #837826

Hello Annika,
    Thanks for your reply. I have already visited the website of swiss pass, it is very useful. But at what day in between we will use free day? As i already explained that we will be reaching at Geneva As airport on wednesday morning at 11.
    Arno proposed useful info, but it is not matching with my current bookings. As i have booked 2 nights in Interlaken and optionally 2 nights in zurich or Luzern. I will have to select it from any of two.
    I need your help to finalize the plan as I am planning as below
    13th – Geneva day trip, arrive at night in interlaken
    14th – Trip to Joungfraugh , again night stay in Interlaken
    15th – Travel with Golden pass train from Interlaken to Montreux and night stay in Zurich or Luzern
    16th – Travel to Mt. Titlis and Luzerne lake tour and again night stay in zurich or Luzern
    17th – Zurich city tour and travel to Rhine Falls and from there to geneva airport in evening.
    Your suggestion is appreciated to finalize this plan. where would be more convenient and wise to stay in zurich or Lucerne?
    As i will be doing day trips with swiss trains only…..and also i would be thankful if you suggest me to choose free travel day out of 5 days…..

Please suggest if above plan can be doable or it would be very hectic with tight schedule or do i need to rearrange the days….i m bit confused and worried as i m travelling next week without any firm planning.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 June 2012 at 11:31:35 #837827

Hello pratik. Staying in Lucerne is definitely more convenient for the plans you have. Please note that your planning for June 15 isn’t that convenient, as you’ll have to get to Montreux and all the way back to Lucerne again. That takes quite a lot of traveling. Instead, I think you should travel by Golden Pass train from Geneva to Interlaken at June 13 to cover this route. In that case you can spend June 15 in or near Lucerne or Interlaken; these regions have to much to offer that you won’t get bored.

Your current itinerary doesn’t change my advice though. I still think a 3 or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good choice, using free travel days for June 13, June 16 and June 17, and maybe (depending on your final plans) June 15. If you spend two days in Geneva first, you can just buy regular tickets or use the Geneva Transport Card you’ll receive in your hotel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2012 at 10:59:36 #837828

Hello,
    Thanks fo your reply.But still i need your answer for
    1) Mt.Titlis and Zeermat both is doable? or we can do it optionally?
    2) which city tour is doable in swiss ? if geneva is not advisable than we can skip it on first day and we will do glacier full day….is it possible? as we will be reaching there at geneva airport on 13th June at 10.30 AM, and on the same day, Glacier express train experience can be possible with all of our luggage, and i am also thinking about reservation?
    Bit confused…..!!!
    3) I visited the website of swiss saver flexi pass, and i think i will get 15% discount on all tickets as we are more than 2 adults, is it correct?
    4) If i will take 3 days swiss pass then on which days its best to use? and in between 2 free days we will get 50% discount?
    5) Mt.Titlis and Luzern lake and city tour can be possible to complete in one day?
    6) Its better to stay in Luzern Kriens than Zurich ?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2012 at 13:07:50 #837829

Hi Pratik,

A 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass includes 3 days of free traveling and 50% discounts on days in beween the free days. You obviously best use the free days for your longest, most expensive trips. The saver variant is about 15% cheaper than the regular one. On the Swiss Flexi Pass page, just select the appropiate pass from the list on the right to see exact prices.

Titlis, a short boat trip and Luzern can be done in one day. In general, as for what’s doable: I again recommend to check the timetable to see if traveling times fit your personal preferences. It’s hard for me to decide how much traveling time is acceptable to you. Choosing a town to stay can be done this way too. I think Luzern is more scenic than Zürich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2012 at 15:19:38 #837830

Dear Arno,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I hope your suggestions and advises will be helpful during my trip.
    THanks,
    Pratik

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2012 at 9:37:31 #837831

Thanks for sharing such useful information. I love traveling. And Switzerland is one of the beautiful place for traveling.

• The thread ‘PLAN FOR SWISS TRIP (5 days / 4 nights)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.