Trip plans 1 week late December in Switzerland

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

cam223
    Participant
    97 posts
    13 December 2017 at 18:50:22 #872500

What I meant about the use of the Swiss Flex Pass and the mountain train and gondolas was that the days that we took only the gondola up the Klein Matterhorn and the train up the Gornergrat, they checked to see that we had valid passes but this was not a day on the pass itself. We only tooks trains on the first and last days of our trip. We thought that the days on the mountains were counted as days for the pass and they were not. We didn’t need a 4 day pass we could have got by with 2 or 3 days.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 December 2017 at 20:17:18 #872501

Are you saying you got the Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn tickets for 50% discount even though your flex pass wasn’t validated (date filled in) for those days? If so you just got lucky. I wouldn’t bank on that happening again.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 December 2017 at 7:47:09 #872502

Indeed a valid pass is required to get discounts. Details can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/howt ouse. But sometimes the staff doesn’t know about all the pass rules either. I was once offered a free boat trip with my Swiss Half Fare Card. But I paid the discounted fare anyway as I was able to explain to them which pass I really had 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2017 at 9:41:58 #872503

Hi Sushmita,

I have some good news for you. You will get the refund. You have to make sure that the date on the Half Fare Card is the same as on your ticket. When you arrive at Zurich Airport, you’ll have to go to the SBB (the train is very well signposted at the airport), go to one of their counters, show your tickets and Half Fare Card and the refund is yours.

You can order the Half Fare Card here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2017 at 14:21:08 #872504

Thank Chantal indeed!!!😱

you are rock 🌟 star. Will do that when i land at Airport thank you very much for help I might bother you with other questions have a great day ahead!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The thread ‘Trip plans 1 week late December in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.