About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Planning a motorcycle trip: UK-France-Switzerland
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Planning a motorcycle trip: UK-France-Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Marvelett54
Marvelett54
2 posts
Mar 5, 2021 - 5:28 PM

well I'm new here just joined up , I'm hoping these restictions will soon be over , I've planned a trip to visit some of your beautiful mountains that you have there ,we are planning on doing a motorcycle trip hopefully from the UK though France down to Switzerland , I had planned to come last year but with Covid - 19 didn't make if so i have my fingers crossed that i come to visit here .Any good tips on some nice roads would be welcome .

Thank You

Marv

Anna
Anna
1014 posts
top member &
Mar 5, 2021 - 8:19 PM in reply to Marvelett54

Hi Marv,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Sorry that you had to postpone your trip. Hopefully this year we could all travel again with less restrictions.

A motorcycle trip sounds really exciting. I would definitely recommend taking the scenic roads as detailed in the following sample itinerary: www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/sampleitineraries/passroadsdrivingtour

For the latest updates on the coronavirus situation in Switzerland, please refer to this link: www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus

Let us know if you need further infomation.

Regards,

Anna

Marvelett54
Marvelett54
2 posts
Mar 5, 2021 - 8:26 PM

Aww thank you for that @Anna I will have a look we are hoping to go up some off the mountains and passes near buy too it looks like such a beautiful place I’m so glad I found this page there is so much information on it .

there is one thing I would like to ask about and that’s the vignettes do we need one and can I find that Information on here please ? .

thank you

Marv ☺️

Anna
Anna
1014 posts
top member &
Mar 6, 2021 - 6:53 AM in reply to Marvelett54

Hi Marv,

Yes, you do need a motorway vignette for your trip if you plan to use the motorways. The vignette cost CHF40 for one year. You can find more details here: www.myswissalps.com/motorwayvignette

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021