Planning a vacation to Switzerland and Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2013 at 8:11:12 #806171

Hi.
    I am planning a 10 nights, 8 nights in Switzerland and 2nights in Paris from October 26th to 5th Nov.
    I would like to know the best places to see during this period. I am traveling with my 9yr old daughter and my old parents accompanying me.
    Am looking for a trip that’s exciting for kids and comfortable enough for my parents. Also would there be a chance to see snow at that time of the yr. I want to cover all the important tourists places that I can. I am more interested in culture and nature and not really big cities.

Plz recommend.

Brindaa.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2013 at 5:16:26 #839245

Hi Brindaa,

You can look into Lucerne and its surroundings. Lucerne is a mid size town with a beautiful old town center. There are museums and plenty of other activities such as mountain trips (Pilatus, Titlis, Rigi, Stanserhorn), boat trips and hiking. If you want to see multiple region you can consider spending 4 nights here and 4 nights in or around Interlaken. Smaller villages near Interlaken are Wilderswil, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren. Plenty to do in this region as well (Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, hiking, boat trips, day trip to Bern).

Winter only starts from mid December, so you can best visit some of the higher mountain tops to experience snow.

Note that you’re traveling in low season, so do check whether mountain transport services operate. The timetable helps to plan trips. A rail pass helps to save on travel costs.

• The thread ‘Planning a vacation to Switzerland and Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.