11 days Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich – family of 4

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 9:32:11 #811032

Hello

We are family of 04, 01 couple & 02 kids (12 & 7) travelling from 24 May for 10 days. planned to stay as

24 – 30 May: 06 nights @ Interlaken, apartment close to interlaken west

30 – 02 Jun: 03 nights @ Lucerne

02-03 Jun: 01 night @ Zurich

tentative details planned as –

day 1: Local travel in Interlaken

day 2: Full day Jungfrau

day 3: Paragliding, evening River thun

day 4 – day 6:thinking for Hiking, Gstaad or may be an excursion to Lake Geneva

day 7 – 10: lucerne: Would cover MT titlis, Mineralbad & Spa in Rigi

day 11: Suggest things to do for half day in Zurich

Also guide on some good & famous places for Swiss Chocolates & deserts..

Please guide,.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    11 March 2017 at 16:04:25 #859942

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps, deepaksethi!

I think your itinerary looks fine! Good that you intend to spend a couple of nights in each town, rather than rushing from one town to the other. It allows you to be flexible and plan according to the weather and other circumstances. Mind to make some back-up plans (like museums and city visits) in case weather isn’t that great.

As for day 4-6: Gstaad is a bit far off. So is Lake Geneva. Did you check the timetable to find traveling times? You could do part of the Golden Pass ride towards Zweisimmen/Gstaad/Montreux if you don’t mind a longer travel day though; it’s very scenic. Other activities closer to Interlaken are listed here.

Our Zurich page offers tips for local sightseeing. For chocolate, you may visit Läderach in Zurich. You may also like the chocolate show in restaurant Schuh in Interlaken.

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    11 March 2017 at 22:07:38 #859943

Hi,

As Annika has suggested, Gstaad is a bit far. Kandersteg is closer to Interlaken and a lot more interesting. Have a look at their website http://www.kandersteg.ch/de/w /home (Incidently, if you want to look at any Swiss town online, in the address bar just type the name and add .ch, eg Kandersteg.ch ) Highly recommened is visiting Lake Oeschinensee which is reachable from Kandersteg by gondela. http://www.summitpost.org/oes chinensee-switzerland/822515.

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 11:52:16 #859944

hi..

can you please provide some suggested activities for kids to be done from Interlaken in Gstaad / Mountreux or Lake Geneva region

also any recommendation of outlet mall closeby to Interlaken for shopping…

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    14 March 2017 at 21:15:59 #859945

Hi Deepak,

I don’t know Montreux or Lake Geneva very well, and I’ve never been to Gstaad, but I had a quick look at Gstaad.ch and found this. http://www.gstaad.ch/en/activ e/summer/families.html.

As far as shopping around Interlaken, it really depends on what you want to buy. The Swiss don’t really do “Malls” in the American sense of the word, but they do have some excellent Department Stores and Supermarkets, the biggest of which is Migros which has a lot more on offer than just food. This link is for a map with some shopping centres listed. http://www.google.com.au/webh p?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&i e=UTF-8#q=interlaken+shoppin g+mall&rflfq=1&rlha=0& rllag=46681315,7865188 ,1308&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf_m sr:-1,lf_od:-1,lf_oh:-1,lf_pqs:EAE,lf:1,lf_u i:2&*

Cheers

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 8:55:49 #859946

Hi Deepaksethi,

Outlet malls don’t exist in Switzerland, but Interlaken will have some smaller malls and shops for you to browse. I don’t have any specific family friendly activities in those towns, but in Montreux there is a fair bit to do, including boat cruises and visits to cheese and chocolate factories the kids may well enjoy :).

Lucas

• The thread ‘11 days Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich – family of 4’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.