Planning trip from Paris to Interlaken to Florence

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2012 at 3:00:12 #805157

Hi

I need some help trying to decide which pass to buy and how to use it. My family of five 2 adults and 3 youths are travelling:
    Day 1 – Paris to Interlaken via Basel
    Day 2/3 – Interlaken and surrounds
    Day 4 – Interlaken to Florence

Can anyone tell me the the type of Swiss travel pass I should buy and whether I can use the pass for Paris to Basel section. I have been searching and I cannot get information on how to make the Paris- Basel reservation and use the Swiss Pass at the same time.

If it is not possible to use the pass on the paris to basel section then what is then when can I start using the pass in Switerzland.

Help please.

Linda

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 April 2012 at 10:17:42 #835747

Hi Linda, and welcome to the forum! When will you be traveling? If it’s in Spring or Fall, you can best use the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. If not, I think the Swiss Card may be interesting, providing a free trip from the Swiss border (Basel) to Interlaken, from Interlaken to the Swiss/Italian border (depending on your train connection, this will be Chiasso or Domodossola) and a 50% discount on other trips you’ll be making in between. None of the Swiss rail passes is valid for Paris-Basel. Please refer to the detail page of each pass to read specific information and review the downloadable map showing the area of validity.

You can make seat reservations for the entire trip Paris-Interlaken, while paying only for the French leg of the trip up to Basel (from there, your Swiss Saver Pass or Swiss Card will take over). Choose your connection from the Swiss timetable, click ‘Fare/Buy’ and enter the ordering process. If asked whether you have a discount option for Switzerland, select ‘GA’ in either 1st or 2nd class (the same class as your Swiss Pass or Swiss Card) from the dropdown list, as the GA provides the same benefits as a Swiss Pass/Swiss Card for this specific trip. The same goes for your outbound trip from Interlaken to Florence.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2012 at 12:24:50 #835748

Hi Annika

Many thanks for the reply.

We will be travelling in the first week of July so which Swiss pass do you suggest for 5 adults.

Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 April 2012 at 13:02:01 #835749

Hello Linda! In that case I suggest you look into the Swiss Card.

• The thread ‘Planning trip from Paris to Interlaken to Florence’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.