Please advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2012 at 9:08:52 #805693

Hi,

Me and my girl friend will be arriving geneva 27th Dec 9:30AM(thursday). We have a return flight on 30th Dec (sun) at 8:00 PM.

Can anyone please advice what are the best possible places to cover in 4days?

In my planning,
    27th Geneva to Lucerne (night staty in lucerne)
    28th Lucerne to Jungfraujoch (night sttay in interlaken)
    29th interlaken sight seeing
    30 interlaken to geneva (flight at 8pm)

Can any one please advice if it can be improved by any chance. This is our first trip to swiss and want to cover and use most of the time to the fullest.

also please advice is swiss rail pass for 4days is worth purchasing for our plan?

I apprciate your response

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 November 2012 at 10:55:26 #837406

Welcome lucky3011. You definitely need a rail pass, since you’ll be making quite some long and expensive transfers. I suggest you look into the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass (which is the easiest way of traveling, since all trips by regular trains, buses and boats are for free) or the Swiss Card.

As for your itinerary: if you want to visit viewing points, you should consider either Rigi or Pilatus near Lucerne. If weater is bad, visit the town centre and the Traffic Museum. That is, if you have time left after your arrival in Lucerne. Please refer to the timetable to check such details. Your trip up to the Jungfraujoch will take at least half a day, maybe a full day if you get out along the way and enjoy the views in Wengen, Grindelwald and at Kleine Scheidegg. Your last day in Interlaken could be used for a boat trip, an easy hike, a visit to the Schilthorn; it really depends on what you’re interested in.

If you like scenic train trips, consider getting back to Geneva using the Golden Pass line through Zweisimmen and Montreux.

• The thread ‘Please advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.