Please advise me the suitable pass or ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2012 at 0:17:22 #805018

Dear Mam/Sir,

Please advise me the suitable ticket or pass for the below trip in Swiss for me and my wife starting from March 21 to 25.

Day 1 – March 22 – Interlakan to Jungfraujoch (Return)
    Day 2 – March 23 – Interlakan to Lucern (One Way)
    Day 2 – March 23 – Lucern to Mt. Pilatus (Return)
    Day 3 – March 24 – Lucern to Zurich (One way)
    Day 4 – March 25 – Zurich city and transfer to Airport

Total passengers: Two (husband and wife). We will be arriving Frankfurt and from there taking a train to Interlakan on 21st March, train is already booked by us.

Please advise the cost effective ticket/pass for the above itinerary (Intrerlakan-Lucern-Zurich). If we can include any other trip, please advise us.

Your immediate advise is much appreciated as we have limited time to travel.
    We are staying in Doha, Qatar (close to Dubai).

Regards
    Ajesh

4 24-Mar SATURDAY LUCERN ZURICH 2 ONE WAY
    5 25-Mar SUNDAY ZURICH CITY SITE SEEING AND EVENING TO AIRPORT 2

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 March 2012 at 7:34:36 #835158

Hello Ajesh,

If I summarize your trip it is a train transfer from Interlaken to Zurich airport via Lucerne and Zurich centre, with side trips to the Pilatus and Jungfraujoch. I would recommend the Swiss Half Fare Card as it provides 50% discounts on all of the transportation.

There is some space in your itinerary to do some things extra, but of course it depends on the weather and your pace of traveling also. A boat trip from Interlaken could be an option on day 1. Day 3 could be used to visit some attractions in Lucerne before leaving for Zurich. For hotels and attraction suggestions, please take a look here.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2012 at 11:13:11 #835159

Dear Sir,

Thank you, can I purchase the half card after my arrival in Interlakan? Also, is it valid in gondolas.

Regards,
    Ajesh

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 March 2012 at 11:17:33 #835160

Hello Ajesh,

Yes, you can, as long as the service desk is open. Or you could buy it in advance. All the purchase options, a downloadable map of the covered network and other details are at the Swiss Half Fare Card page.

• The thread ‘Please advise me the suitable pass or ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.