Please guide me.. Travelling to jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 13:27:49 #807139

Hi

I am travelling to Jungfrau from Zurich by car . we have three adult and two child of aged 13 yeras old. from which station I can cathch train to Jungfrau ? Also how much i sthe fare from Grindelwald?

Please do not give me link becasue I have gone thorugh it. Which family pass I need to have?

Please give me details her eonly becaseu I am really confused.

shriram

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 April 2015 at 13:52:53 #842721

Hi Shriram,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’m going to give you a link anyway, because I just added the requested information to that page so it will serve you well: myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere.

As for the pass: are you planning to do any other trips during your stay in Switzerland?

Kind regards,

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 13:59:05 #842722

You Mean to say I can reach toKleine Scheidegg by car from Zurich. Please confirm.If yes then I hope can Park my car there? And Let me know how much is the fare from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau. We are three adult and two child. Please guide.

Shriram

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 April 2015 at 14:07:23 #842723

Hi Shriram,

Please see the Parking section on the page I gave you. It explains about all the places to park. Kleine Scheidegg can not be reached by car.

As for fares: please answer my question about other trips during your stay. That will determine which pass you need, if any. The pass plus your point of departure determine the costs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 14:15:37 #842724

There is no pgae that You have given me. So here is the plan.

1) I am reaching on thursday 30Th april by car from MOnza to Zurich,Kloten . Staying there in Kloten in my friends place.we are three adult and two childreen.

2) On Friday early morning by Car , I will go to Interlaken and come back in the evening to Kloten, Zurich. I will stay in kloten as my friend is there. I thin staying interlakn is very costly for five people.

3) On staurday early morning will start to Jungfrau from Kloten , Zuirch . Please guide me from where I can get the train. I can come till Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen by car if it is allowded by car.So i need cheap pass for us to reach Jungfrau. Please guide me. We will be back to Zurich , kloten on same day Staurday by 8 PM .

4) Sunday , we will retun back to Monza Italy.

Shriram

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 14:38:30 #842725

Any update please reply.

Shriram

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 April 2015 at 15:08:08 #842726

Hi Shriram,

Simply click the link I gave you in my first reply and read the Parking section for where to park. My recommendation would be to park in Interlaken Ost for the best experience. From there, a return ticket for adults costs CHF 204.40. There is no pass that makes sense if this is the only trip you’ll be making, but you can save on the fares for the children: if you buy Junior travelcards they’ll travel along for free. There are cheaper Good Morning and Good Afternoon tickets for the adults, but then you’re tied to a very early or late departure from Interlaken. Please see here and here for details. There is another alternative: a guided tour by bus. Please see http://www.viator.com.

What’s the purpose of coming to Interlaken on Friday? If Friday is meant for sightseeing, then I’d recommend Lucerne instead. It’s closer to Zurich and a much nicer town than Interlaken. Alternatively, you could stay in Interlaken but not focus on the town but on the Jungfrau region. Personally I would not drive back and forth to Kloten and prefer a relaxed evening in Interlaken. Affordable (and more expensive) hotels can be found here. You could stay in the Youth Hostel for example.

Please note that mountain trips are totally weather dependent. So check the forecasts when you’re there, and then pick the day to visit the Jungfraujoch.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2015 at 15:22:51 #842727

Hi

You are stillconfusing me. You are giving me lot of options and that why I am confued again. I mean there is no point to take train from interlaken if I can come further ahead. I can come to grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. I need cheapest option to Jungfrau.

I can take train from grindelwald or Lauterbrunne to Jungfrau. So tell me do I need to take Junior card ?. So how much is the fare from there. Three adult and two child ? Tell me the fare and and do not give me any website links to explore. Please I am requesting you here.

Interlaken is small and quite so I prefer interlaken only. Lucerne is crowded .

Shriram

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 6:03:49 #842728

Hi Shriram,

Please do not tell me how to answer you. I am spending my time here to help you out, without asking anything in return. We’re not a travel agency or tourist agency where you can buy travel packages. We help people who organize their own trip. That’s why I am giving you options. The fact is that there are options, and I don’t know whether you prefer the cheaper tickets with time limitations or the standard tickets without limitations. It’s your trip, so it’s up to you.

I already gave you the fare: from Interlaken, it’s CHF 204.40 per adult. The Junior travelcard is CHF 30 per child (simply click ‘Price’ on the page I gave you to see that). I also gave you the link to all other prices if you decide to start your trip from another town. If fares or any other information are readily available on other web pages, I can’t spend time on typing all of that in a post here. If you organize your trip yourself, gathering information from various sources is part of the process.

I am recommending parking in Interlaken because from there you can easily do the round trip and see more of the region, as explained on the Jungfraujoch page. Of course you can park elsewhere; it’s your trip, all I can do is offer suggestions. If you’re not interested in the scenic round trip you can park in Grindelwald Grund and simply do the same route up and down. Adult tickets will then cost CHF 176.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 9:01:27 #842729

Hi Thank you for information.

Its not your problem .. I was really confused and thanks for all your suggestions.

Shriram

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 9:07:15 #842730

Also is there any way from Grindelwald to reach Jungfrau by Bicycle or walk. Let me know.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2015 at 9:49:47 #842731

Hi Shriram,

Thanks for understanding. If the weather is fine, you can walk from Grindelwald up to the station of Eigergletscher, but not further. It takes 4 to 5 hours. A trained mountain biker can probably do this in much less time. Or you can walk to one of the stations between Grindelwald and Eigergletscher: Brandegg, Alpiglen and Kleine Scheidegg. There’s quite some height to gain, so these are not easy strolls but serious hiking. There’s a map on map.wanderland.ch/ ?layers=Wanderland& bgLayer=pk& scale=100000& X=642470& Y=161633.5& lang=en.

• The thread ‘Please guide me.. Travelling to jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.