[Please Help Me] Rail Passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2012 at 7:20:30 #805318

Hi Arno,
    I am from UK and need your help to have a better and economical stay in Switzerland.
    We are couple planned to visit Swiss as per below Itenaray:
    2nd June : Arrive at Zurich Airport at 9:00 AM and visit Rhein Falls and night stay at Interlaken.
    3rd June : Complete Titlis and Golden Express and back to Interlaken for Night Stay.
    4th June : Start from Interlaken complete Shiltron and night stay at Luzern.
    5th June : Start from Luzern visit Zurich and reach Zurich Airport by 7:00 PM
    I need your help for below questions.
    1. Any better places that I can cover on 5th june instead of Zurich city tour.
    2. Which will be the better rail pass suitable for my journey and can I buy that rail pass in Zurich airport itself.
    3. Will get any discounts at Titlis, Zurich and Golden Express with any of the rail pass.
    Thanks in Advance for your help.
    Regards
    Raghunath

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    30 May 2012 at 14:20:56 #836274

Hello Raghunath, and welcome to the forum. You can best consider a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass, which is the most convenient option as it allows you to travel for free on most routes, or a Swiss Half Fare Card which might be the most economical choice. Please visit the pages I linked to for detailed information, including downloadable maps showing the areas of validity (Titlis, Zurich and the Golden Pass are included). Lists of purchase options can be obtained too, by filling our your country of residence in the upper right corner of both pages.

I hope this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2012 at 3:18:54 #836275

Good Morning Annika,
    Thanks for your response.
    We are a couple traveling to Swiss, so should I buy two half fare cards or I will get discount for 2 people with one half fare card???
    Also please suggest on 5th June, instead of Zurich can I visit any other place???
    Thanks Again for your valueable inputs..
    Raghunath

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 June 2012 at 11:31:32 #836276

Hi Raghunath. There’s no saver discount for 2 or more people on Swiss Half Fare Cards. If you fill out your data in the upper right corner of the page I mentioned, including the amount of travelers, the right prices will appear automatically. I’d say a visit to Zurich on June 5 is fine, especially since you’ll already be close to the airport.

• The thread ‘[Please Help Me] Rail Passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.