• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 October 2011 at 8:53:51 #804743

The Itinerary is as follows:
    03/12 Vienna to Interlaken
    04, 05/12 Visit Lauterbrunner and the Jungfrau
    06/12 Interlaken to Milan

I do not know if this itinerary is possible or not. I would really really like your help on what train to take or what pass or ticket to buy.

I was thinking on flying into Zurich from Vienna, and then take a train to Interlaken, but i don´t know if there is a better route or a cheaper one

I am planning to use Interlaken as a base to visit the alps, but i don´t know if there is a better place for that purpose

I am in need here! Never been to switzerland!
    Thank you for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 October 2011 at 12:28:55 #834309

Hi eleal, and welcome! Yes, your itinerary is definitely possible. Traveling times and trains can be found through the Swiss timetable. Just enter your departure station (Milano can be filled out too), your destination and the preferred date and time of traveling for all details.

As for tickets and passes: you could consider the Swiss Card. This allows a free trip from the Swiss-Italian border to Interlaken on December 3 and back on December 6. Moreover, you’ll receive a 50% discount on most trips on December 4 and 5. This will be cheaper than buying regular train tickets. Specifics and purchase options can be found at the Swiss Card page.

In case you’re looking for some more ideas in the Interlaken region: this overview may be of help.

I hope this gets you started.

• The thread ‘Please help me with my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.