Please help with my itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2013 at 7:33:54 #806079

hello
    My wife and i are planning to travel for the first time to Switzerland and this is what we have planned.we arrive and depart from Zurich. we will be Zurich of the morning of 2 sep 2013

2 sep arrive in zurich(10 AM) check out and take the train to Lauterbrunnen sleep in Hotel stubbach
    3 sep day trips Schiltorn, Mt Titlis
    4sep day trips
    5sep Lauterbrennen to Taesch(instead of Zermatt) sleep in hotel welcome
    6sep Taesch day trips matter horn
    7sep Taesch day trips
    8sep taesch to chur day trips ,bernina express
    9sep chur
    10 sep chur to zurich day trip
    11 depart
    is it possible to cover lake Geneva and Chillon from Taesch
    please help
    thanks
    regards
    srini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    30 June 2013 at 9:58:07 #838976

Hello srini. The trip from Täsch to Montreux (where you’ll find the Chillon castle and can board boats for lake Geneva) takes about 2h30. That’s quite long for a day trip, but still doable. You could easily spend the other day in Täsch in the Matter valley too though, as it’s a stunning region with lots of mountain transportation and viewing points.

As for the rest of your itinerary: it’s wise to check traveling times in the timetable. Some of your plans are too ambitious, such as day trip to both the Schilthorn and Titlis from Lauterbrunnen on September 3, or getting tot Chur and do the Bernina Express on day 8. Generally, I would advise to limit traveling times and pick day trips that are close to your base town. A rail pass would definitely come in handy. Giving the intensity of your planned activities, an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass would be ideal. You would use it from September 2 to September 9, buying regular tickets for Chur-Zurich on September 10. Alternatively, you can consider a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days for September 2, 5, 8 and 10 and discounted tickets on the remaining days. A 5 or 6 day pass would also be possible, depending on what type of day trips you plan to make from Lauterbrunnen, Täsch and Chur.

• The thread ‘Please help with my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.