Please suggest

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2011 at 8:26:26 #804771

Hi
    I am indeed highly obliged and would like to thank the moderators of this forum, without this forum I would not have possibly made my travel plan to Switzerland smoothly. Eventually we planned to reach Switzerland from France. Our swiss stay will be from 29th Oct 2011 to 3rd Nov 2011 please help me with further queries and also let me know if the itinerary is correct

Can we validate our swiss pass at the Paris CDG TGV station n France or at the TGV train before reaching Geneva?

(Travel via the golden pass route from Interlaken to Lucerne) reaching Lucerne at about 10.00 am
    Is it possible to visit Lucerne town visiting the lion monument, the chapel bridge and spend some time at the Lakeside Promenade, and then at about 13.30 hrs proceed to Zurich to visit the Rhine falls., if this is possible which is the best way to reach Rhine falls from Lucerne (to the nearest station near Rhine falls will appreciate if you could give the name of the station)

Mt. Titlis , Visit to cheese factory at Engel berg, & Visit to the glass factory in Hergiswil (can this be possible)

Mt. Pilatus in the morning, Mt. Rigi in the afternoon (can this be possible)

Junfarouch, (go up via Lauterbrunnen/Wengen and back via Grindelwald) & Trümmelbachfälle,
    For our return trip from junfarouch, to Grindelwald, can ticket be brought at junfarouch or is it possible to buy a return ticket at Lauterbrunnen/Wengen
    for up via Lauterbrunnen/Wengen and return via Grindelwald, Up till which station we travel with our swiss pass free for the jufarouch trip,
    and would you suggest first visit the tümmelbachfälle, before going up to junfarouch?

Lastly our trip involves lots of transfer between platforms in the stations with about 6 to 12 minutes of connecting time are the transfer between paltforms quicker?

best regards
    venkat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 August 2011 at 15:05:10 #834446

Hello venkat, and thank you for your compliments! As for your question: you don’t have to validate your pass yet before arriving in Geneva. It’s only valid from Geneva onwards, so it’s easiest to get out at the railway station there and have your pass validated at one of the ticket desks. But train personnel in the TGV may also be able to validate your pass.

As for October 30: yes, you should manage to stroll around in Lucerne and visit the Rhine falls near Schaffhausen that same afternoon. This topic explains how to get there. Did you check the timetable as well? It’s easy for all your plans, since it will help you to find out how long your trips take and how much can be done within one day. Most combinations, such as Titlis and Hergiswil, and Pilatus and Rigi, are doable.

You can buy a return ticket for the Jungfraujoch (up one way via Lauterbrunnen and down the other way via Grindelwald) in Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald or Wengen. The Swiss Pass offers free traveling up to Wengen/Grindelwald, and a 25% discount between both towns and the Jungfraujoch. Please find all details on the map we link to from the Swiss Pass page. Whether you can better visit the Jungfraujoch or the Trümmelbachfälle first, depends on weather conditions that day. In many cases, skies are clearer in the morning than in the afternoon, but you can best check weather forecasts the evening before (or even on the day itself, before leaving) and then decide.

I’m not sure if I understand your last question correctly, but 6 to 12 minutes generally is more than enough to switch trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2011 at 3:05:13 #834447

Many Thanks Annika

if you could please provide with the name of the nearest station for the best view of Rhine falls, it will be easier to search in the sbb timetable
    also if you can tell me if there are direct or indirect boat/ ship service from Alpnachstad to weggis/Viztnau, i tried checking the website but it showed no results
    but it asked to try with break journeys, since i do not know the names around there can u please help cause if there is a boat connection then we can save lot of time
    travelling between pilatus klum & rigi klum

yes you understood and cleared my doubts on the time for switching between trains

best regards
    Venkat

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 August 2011 at 3:25:05 #834448

Hello Venkat,

Here’s a topic on how to get to the Rhinefalls. All connections can be found in the timetable, but for boats it can be more convenient to check on the website of the shipping company. In your case: lakelucerne.ch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2011 at 23:57:00 #834449

Hi Annika

I persume the trip up to mt. rigi is free with a swiss pass, am i right?
    is this the same up to the Mt. Pilatus, I persume its free travel till alpnachastd, is it also free from alpnachastd pb till Mt. Pilatus summit with the swiss pass?
    is about 30 minutes enough to spend on Mt. rigi & mt Pilatus as well

venkat

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 August 2011 at 5:44:28 #834450

Hello Venkat. Yes, the Rigi is for free with a Swiss Pass. The Pilatus trip is discounted by 50% between Alpnachstad and Kriens. This is all displayed at the map I mentioned before. If I were you, I’d take a bit more time up at Rigi and Pilatus. If weather is clear, the views are stunning and it’s great just to sit back and relax up there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2011 at 6:06:24 #834451

Many Thanks Annika
    on second thoughts, you are right, on spending more time up there

regards
    venkat

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2011 at 15:54:33 #834452

Hi Annika
    Couple of more questions, Please help,
    1. The trip up to Mt. Titlis from engelberg starts from Engelberg BET cable station or Engelberg EB cable station, & how much time does it take
    from engelberg railway station to the start point of the Titlis cable station by Walk?
    2. Does Mt. Pilatus have snow like Junfarouch and Mt. Titlis or is it like Mt. Rigi?
    3. How much time does it take to come down from Mt. titlis to Engelberg,? the approx time will be helpful to further plan my trip to the monastry cheese factory and the
    glass factory at hergiswil

best regards
    venkat

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 September 2011 at 14:24:39 #834453

Hi venkat,

As for your questions:
    1. About 15 minutes.
    2. It’s not covered in snow all year round. It could be in November.
    3. You can best check the timetable for that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2011 at 14:46:10 #834454

Thank You Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2011 at 13:02:22 #834455

Hi Annika/Arno

I wish to thank all at MySwissalps.com, our trip to switzerland would not have been possible without inputs from you guys. We had a great trip and we wish to visit switzerland again in the future.
    The people of switzerland were kind, very helpful and supportive. I would like to make a special appreciation to the swiss rail system, it was indeed splended and par excellence.

Thank you once again
    Venkat

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 November 2011 at 2:38:31 #834456

Hi Venkat,

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in the Swiss Alps! Thanks for reporting that back to us. Hope to see you back here in the future!

• The thread ‘Please suggest’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.