Pontresina or Samedan for the highest, best view?

• Bunkapass
    Participant
    10 posts
    8 November 2019 at 11:54:01 #824404

Hello. This forum is great! Coming in January. Not skiing. Want to know which least touristy and expensive Graubünden town has the highest pointiest views. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    8 November 2019 at 14:46:19 #924835

Hi Bunkapass,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The distance between Samedan and Pontresina is roughly about 10 to 15 minutes by public transport. Between the two, I would say Samedan is less touristy but is certainly not any less expensive than the former. If you are planning to summit the Diavolezza to see the glaciers (and where you can also have a good view of the Piz Bernina , the highest peak in Graubünden), I think Pontresina is closer to get from. But both towns have good transport links to St Moritz and the numerous mountains in the Upper Engadine region.

I hope that answers your question. Feel free to post again 🙂

Be sure to check this out:

Best regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2019 at 1:50:38 #924836

You won’t get many ‘high, pointy’ views unless you go up to the peaks above the main resorts, so it is quite difficult to satisfy your brief. There are few places in Graubünden which would have accommodation and views, but are not ‘touristy’ simply because of the geography of the area.

There is a cheap lodge in Bever, and it is near the station which you could use to get to the ‘high pointy’ bits

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
  • The thread ‘Pontresina or Samedan for the highest, best view?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.