Pregnant woman touring lucern

• chopra
    Participant
    4 posts
    29 March 2014 at 21:48:14 #806280

Hi,

2 questions I have here.

#1 I’m going in Mid April with my husband. I will be based in Lucerne for 4 nights. I’m 5months pregnant and not advised to scale above 2000m.

This is my plan and would like to seek for your comments on it.

Day 1, reach Lucerne at 3pm: Tour around city

Day 2: Mt. Rigi majestic tour

Day 3: Day trip golden pass. Practically i’m going to spend 12hrs (6hr one way) from lucerne to Montreux

Day 4: Day trip at Stanserhorn

Day 5 morning: Leave for zurich airport

#2 Is it cheaper to buy a 4-day swiss pass online or at the zurich airport?

#3 May I know why is there a disparity in price between these 2 websites for the passes? Why is it cheaper to order from raileurope than the parent website of swisspass?

http://www.raileurope. com.sg/pass/swiss-pass

and https://shop.swissrail ways.com/swisspass.htm l?affiliateid=23&languag e=en&currency=EUR

Regards,

Chopra

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 March 2014 at 8:45:08 #839667

Hi Chopra,

Let’s answer your questions:

1) It looks like you’ve done your preparation very well. The mountains you’ll be visiting are below 2000 m, but you will definitively be able to enjoy beautiful views from there. A comment about your Golden Pass tour: you don’t need to spend 6 hours on the way back as well. You can of course, but there are quicker routes back to Lucerne. Just enter your trip in the timetable to see.

Note that with a 4-day Swiss Pass, you need to buy a regular ticket on day 5. You could choose to travel to Zurich in the evening of day 4 and spend the night in an airport hotel (with free transfers to the airport) or a hotel in the city.

2) 3) Actually it works like plane tickets and many other products: there are no fixed prices, so resellers can sell the passes for whatever price they think is right. That’s why we have listed prices and promotions (if any) offered by the various resellers on each rail pass page. See here for Swiss Pass prices and here for Swiss Pass related promotions. Buying locally (e.g. at Zurich airport) is one of the options listed there. Also see this page for an explanation.

chopra
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 April 2014 at 0:35:23 #839668

Just got back from our Europe tour.

It was certainly memorable in Swiss. Thank you, moderator!

Merci.

Annika
    7103 posts
    19 April 2014 at 7:57:47 #839669

Hi chopra,

Thanks for getting back here and good to hear you had a great time. If you have time, you can post a trip report here, and have a chance to win a hotel gift card. I would love to hear about your trip.

• The thread ‘Pregnant woman touring lucern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.