Public laundromats around Interlaken…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 22:09:24 #805247

Hi,
    I am not sure if this is the right forum for this query. I am staying in Wilderswil next week for 4 days. We will arrive there after 5 days of travel and so the first thing we will need to take care of is laundry. Is anyone aware of a “wash and dry” place either in Wilderswil or near Interlaken OST?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    14 May 2012 at 6:00:44 #836043

Hello Arvjos,

Of course this is the right forum! I just asked our Swiss friends in Wilderswil: no there is no “wash and dry” in Wilderswil. Here you’ll find some adresses in Interlaken. Possibilities A and B are situated quite near Interlaken Ost railway station. Just contact them to know if they give the service you are looking for.

Have a nice time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2012 at 22:17:29 #836044

Ok, Kim in San Jose, give Arvjos the instructions on the laudromat in Wengen. I figure a lovely train ride to Wengen for lunch, with a side trip to the hidden laundromat in the basement of the hotel (I completely forget where it is) is in order!

Arvjos, if you don’t hear from Kim before you go, let me know, and I’ll figure out how to find the info on my laptop. Her long-form guide to the Berner Oberland is awesome and if you don’t have it, you definitely need it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2012 at 0:30:14 #836045

Thanks for the input. Anyone know about this place: http://www.daniels-fun-rental-interlaken.ch/english-home/how-to-find-us/

Will it be easy to get to from Wilderswil? Looks like a good place to go in the evening to get laundry done, have Thai dinner and come back to the hotel.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 May 2012 at 0:45:38 #836046

Hi Arvjos,

I’ve moved your thread from the Swiss rail forum to the Miscellaneous forum. The place you’re referring to can be reached by bus (get out at Hotel Sonne) from Wilderswil. The ride takes a couple of minutes and it’s free with a Swiss Pass or the local guest card you’ll probably receive from the place you’re staying.

• The thread ‘Public laundromats around Interlaken…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.