Jun 4, 2016 - 5:46 AM
Hi MySwissAlps admin,
I should admit that this site is of great help to any new visitors to Switzerland. With the help of information provided here, we were able to plan most of our itinerary.
My husband, son (16), daughter (9) and myself will be in Switzerland from 28-Jun-16 night till 2-Jul-16 afternoon and we’ve already bought a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass with Swiss Family Card. Our base will be Lucerne during the entire stay.
Here is my first set of questions:
Lucerne – Interlaken OST – Grindelwald (Free with STP) – Klein Scheidegg – Jungfraugh – Klein Scheidegg – Lauterbrennen – Interlaken OST – Lucerne (Free with STP).
Grindelwald – Klein Scheidegg – Jungfraugh – Klein Scheidegg – Lauterbrennen tickets for 3 of us (excluding my daughter expecting she will travel free with Swiss Family Card) are already bought with the STP discounts; reservation also made for Klein Scheidegg – Jungfraugh – Klein Scheidegg route.
1) What kind of clothing do you suggest during this Jungfraugh trip?
2) Hope 3 hrs at Jungfraugh (top of Europe) will be enough to cover the activities there.
3) Do we have to take tickets in advance for the activities at the top of Jungfraugh?
4) We would like to stop over either at Lauterbrennen or Interlaken for 2 hrs on our way down. Could you please suggest any one of these and the areas we can cover within 2 hrs?
5) Will there be food available on Golden Pass (Lucerne – Interlaken OST – Lucerne) route? Or can we carry food with us to have it in the train to save time?
6) Usually till what time the restaurants are open in Switzerland?
Thanks & Best Regards..