Best train pass for Geneva Jungfrau Luzern Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 8:55:41 #812202

can anyone please let me know the cost of trip to jungfrauch from interlaken

interlaken ost-jungfrauch ( via lauter)

jungfrauch-interlaken ost (via grindel)

on the sbb website its showing CHF 105.40, but i am not sure about this .

also let me know the best way to book our tickets.

In Addition to this do you recommend buying a siwss pass , please suggest as per my itinerary

dau 1 : geneva to interlaken ( tcikets not booked as yet )

day 2 : interlaken – jungfrauch

day 3 : explore neighborhood in interlaken

day 4 : proceed to luzern from interlaken ( tickets not booked )

day 5 : mt titlis ( tickets not booked)

day 6 : luzern -zurich ( tickets not booked )

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2017 at 18:31:17 #864859

Welcome to MySwissAlps Megagupta!

A round trip ticket from Interlaken Ost to Jungfraujoch and back costs CHF 210.80. The SBB website is geared to Swiss citizens who often own a Swiss Half Fare Card, so it shows the discounted price by default. It is explained here on our timetable page.

Either an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass (not SwissPass) or Swiss Half Fare Card suits your trip. I would think you save a bit more with a Swiss Half Fare Card, but to be sure you need to do the calculations. The below pages offer all details:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 18:37:03 #864860

Thanks for your reply Arno

from where should I purchase Swiss half fare card? And from where I can learn about the benefits the card offers

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2017 at 19:00:40 #864861

You’re welcome Megagupta!

I just gave you the link to all these details (second link in the list of 3). Click to the various tabs for all you need to know about the Swiss Half Fare Card, including where to purchase (“Price” tab).

If there are any questions left, just let me know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 19:07:11 #864862

Yes , you are right I need to do some calculations to be ascertain ! Which is a task !!!

thanks Arno

• The thread ‘Best train pass for Geneva Jungfrau Luzern Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.