Query on usage of Swiss pass for my itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2012 at 7:41:30 #805222

I will be travelling to Switzerland from 21-24 June. My itinerary is as follows:

21 June: Paris –> Interlaken
    22 June: Interlaken–> Jungfrau –> Interlaken
    23 June: Interlaken –> Lucerne
    24 June: Lucerne –> Zurich

I have a couple of queries and hope someone can help:

1. For this itinerary, is it worth purchasing a 4-day Swiss pass or some other card e.g. Swiss card, etc?

2. If I were to purchase Swiss pass, can it be used for my travel from Paris to Interlaken? or shall I travel to some city in Switzerland (such as Bern, etc) then use the Swiss pass to pay for the travel to Interlaken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 May 2012 at 8:38:20 #835963

Hello whwhwh. If you like the idea of free traveling in Switzerland, then yes: a Swiss Pass would be a good idea. However, a Swiss Half Fare Card will probably turn out to be cheaper. You can make calculations to know for sure. Both passes are valid within Swiss borders only. That means you’ll have to buy a regular ticket from Paris to Basel. From Basel on you can start using your Swiss Pass (which means you don’t have to buy an additional ticket for the Swiss leg) or Swiss Half Fare Card (requiring you to buy a 50% discounted ticket for the Swiss leg).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 9:38:48 #835964

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Can I check whether the price is fixed for Swiss saver passes (for two people with 15% discount)? I’m thinking to buy it only when I’m leaving Paris on 21 June. Will there be a chance that the Swiss saver pass runs out?

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 May 2012 at 10:06:29 #835965

Hi whwhwh. No, there’s not one fixed price. Prices depend on your country of residence, current exchange rates, the reseller you choose, whether offers are available (please review the first six topics on current offers in our forum topic overview), and so on. We’ve listed all this in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page. Just fill out your data for an overview of purchase options and prices. Please note that the Swiss Pass is not for sale in Paris.

• The thread ‘Query on usage of Swiss pass for my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.