Questions about Mountain Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 3:18:24 #804549

Hi,

Would like to ask few questions about Mt. Titlis.

1. We have Eurail Global Pass. Would like to know the ticket price from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis. Is is 50% discount for Eurail Global Pass holder?

2. Wondering how to get to Engelberg from Lucerne? Any specific train to get over there? How much does the rail ticket cost? Can we use Eurail Global Pass to get over there?

3. Would like to know is there any coldwear or boots rental available at Mountain Titlis?

Thank you so much and have a nice day !

Warm Regards,
    HuiKei

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 11:02:21 #833680

The ticket for Engelberg to Lucern only CHF16.
    Please visit to check the train schedule, they have every hour.
    The link is http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

I don’t think you need coldwear during this Summer, perhaps only on Winter time.
    Last year I went there and we just wearing sport shoes and T-shirt.
    but … carry a jacket if you want to visit the ice cave.
    Happy holiday ….

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 August 2011 at 16:05:03 #833681

Hi huikei,

I agree with wartono that special clothing is not necessary in summer time (assuming a regular visit without extreme sports). Just bring a couple of layers of clothing and good (hiking) shoes for the snow.

Details about the Eurail Global Pass are here, including a map showing exactly what’s covered.

Please check this topic about renting as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 19:23:50 #833682

Thank you so much Wartono and Arno for the feedbacks above. Appreciated it much. It helps me a lot in planning Switzerland’s trip. Once again, Thank you guys!

• The thread ‘Questions about Mountain Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.