Tell-Pass Winter for 3 days in Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 15:36:50 #813186

Hi, so I decided to change my itinerary a bit. I’ll be staying in Zurich on Nov 1st, traveling to Lucern early in the morning on Nov 2nd, and staying there until Nov 4th in the morning. So I’ll be having 2 full days in Lucern, I took off the Jungfru attraction from my itinerary due to cost and time, so my main objectives now are Mount Titlis and Pilatus.

I realized that the Tell-Pass Winter cover both of them, so I believe is the best pass for me way cheaper than the Swiss Travel Pass. At least from what I was looking online. Do you agree? I’m asking since you know best, and there is so much info.

Another question is, can I buy the Tell-Pass Winter in Lucern? Or do I have to order it from here?

Thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 September 2017 at 13:24:09 #869464

Hi Justtrin,

If 90% of your trip to Switzerland is 3 days around Lucerne then the Tell-Pass Winter is indeed a good idea. Whether it is cheaper than the Swiss Travel Pass depends on what you’ll be doing in Zurich (not covered by the Tell-Pass) and after Lucerne. Note that the Swiss Travel Pass also covers many rides for free, including Pilatus and Mount Rigi, the boats and many museums too. The below pages allow you to compare the passes and also show you where you can buy them online or locally (click the Price tab):

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 14:41:50 #869465

Thanks, I’m decided on the Tell Pass Winter … can I buy it there when I arrive in Zurich? … I’m from Argentina and I don’t want for it to be shipped, since our postoffice ussually takes more than a month to delivery a package, I can’t risk it. Where can I buy the Tell Pass Winter in person?

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 September 2017 at 15:17:16 #869466

Hi Justtrin,

All staffed stations in the Tell-Pass region sell it during opening hours. The Zurich airport train station should sell it too. You also need to buy an additional ticket there to reach Lucerne, because the Tell-Pass only covers the Zug to Lucerne leg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 15:25:42 #869467

Thanks a lot Arno, yes, I checked that is not included but is cheap (from zurich to lucern). Thanks so much! =)

• The thread ‘Tell-Pass Winter for 3 days in Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.