Questions about the first class reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 10:43:01 #809888

Dear Sir

I would like to buy a 15 day second class Swiss Pass, travel most places using second class ticket

but I want to make a reservation for first class seat on Glacier Express & Golden Pass

The ticket re-seller(travel agent) in Taiwan said the reservation will depend on the class you buy and could not be changed, it is restricted to reserve first class seat using a second class pass, so the travel agent ask me to buy first class Swiss pass for 15 days.

Does anyone know if I could just using a second class ticket to reserve first class seat only on Glacier Express & Golden Pass and pay for the upgrade fee and reservation fee.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours

Kimi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 August 2016 at 14:06:32 #855163

Hello Kimi, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can certainly buy a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass) and upgrade for a few trips only. You don’t need a travel agent for any of this. Here’s the easiest way to do it:

• The pass can be purchased directly from the Swiss railways: go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and enter the number of passengers and your address. Once asked for the delivery method, pick “Online Ticket”. They will e-mail the pass within 1 to 3 business days so you can print it yourself. It is ready for travel so you don’t loose time upon arrival. Note that travel agents may issue passes that are not ready to use and require you to visit a ticket office first to validate the pass.
    • An upgrade to 1st class can be purchased at any time in Switzerland. Upgrades do not sell out. Please see myswissalps.com/ train/practical/ 2nd1stclass.
    • A seat reservation for the Glacier Express can be made through the links on myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/ tickets. Please see myswissalps.com/golden pass/tickets for Golden Pass reservations.
  • The thread ‘Questions about the first class reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.