Rail pass date selection

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2011 at 9:22:02 #804563

Hello ! Firstly thank you for this site, which gives really great savings on rail passes as against pucrhased locally in switzerland !

I was planning to buy a Swiss saver flexi pass for 2 for 5 days. However on site can I not define the dates > how would we opt for the dates in this case, as i wanted it from say – 24th august , however the free travel dates should be 25th, 27th, 28,29 and 30. and for rest days (24, 26) i wanted to avail 50% discount on ticket purchases. Will that not be possible from if purchased from site. Please guide.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 August 2011 at 11:37:25 #833724

Hello munoth.raj,

We have indeed put quite some effort in providing a complete rail pass overview and up to date prices. I’m glad you appreciate it!

As for your question: you only have to fill out the first day you want to use the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You need to fill this out on the page of the reseller: you get there by clicking on one of the “Go to website” buttons on the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass page. Some resellers don’t even ask for a date; you can just validate your pass at a rail station in Switzerland whenever you want to start using it.

You decide about the other days during your stay, by entering the date in the designated spot on the pass. Please note though, that your pass always starts and ends with a free travel day. So you cannot start with a “discount day” and then proceed with a free travel day. The discount days and remaining free travel dates have to be between the first and last free travel day. This is the way the pass works, regardless of where you purchase.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your traveling!

• The thread ‘Rail pass date selection’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.