About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Rail pass for Lucerne, Jungfrau region, Zermatt
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Rail pass for Lucerne, Jungfrau region, Zermatt

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shfdyoung
Shfdyoung
1 post
Jun 29, 2022 - 4:12 PM

Hello,

I will be traveling to Switzerland this September.

Flying into Zurich and spending the first night in Lucerne. Then we are off to Murren for six days. After the we head to Zermatt for two days. We will need to get from Zermatt to Visp to pick up a rental car for the rest of the trip.

I was thinking about getting the Top of Europe pass for the time we will spend in Murren, but I am confused on how to get from the airport to Lucerne, Lucerne to Murren, and then Murren to Zermatt.

Should I pay for each separate, get the half fare card, or the Swiss travel pass?

I appreciate your insight.

Robert

Ildiko
Ildiko
2515 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2022 - 4:17 PM in reply to Shfdyoung

Hi Robert and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

It all depends on your itinerary in Mürren. If you are planning many cable cars - a regional pass would be great. (Either the Jungfrau Travel Pass or the Top of Europe Pass). For the other traveling days - from the airport to Lucerne, Lucerne to Murren, and then Murren to Zermatt - you can buy Saver Day Passes: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass.

Your other option is the Swiss Travel Pass, which is valid in the whole of Switzerland and not just in 1 region: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

To be able to decide, you can use our calculation spreadsheet, which will help you to do the math. Download it from here: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

I hope this will help you in the right direction :)

Ildiko

Last modified on Jun 29, 2022 - 4:18 PM by Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022