Which rail pass for day trip to Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2018 at 4:49:06 #813980

Hi all

My partner and i will be travelling to Switzerland october 2018 staying Interlarken as our base for 1 week. We want to travel to Jungfrau for a day trip. As frquent travelers we try to use local advice What is needed to travel to Jungfrau as it seems confusing as to what is needed for a one day pass. Do we really need the Swiss pass and if so the best way to purchase this

We have seen many different ways to travel around but im leasing a car in Paris and traveling to Italy after Given that im a seasoned driver overseas im hoping that any advice on must see things in and around our base would be greatly appreciated

We plan on driving around 3 hrs maximum to visit any attractions Your thoughts and advice are welcome Thankyou in advance

Chris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2018 at 9:11:33 #873902

Hi Chris, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

It seems that you’ve made up your mind and that you will be traveling by car. In this case there’s no need for a Swiss Travel Pass. What could be of your interest is the Swiss Half Fare Card. With this card you get 50% discount on your trip to Jungfraujoch. The card covers other attractions as well. Read more about the validity here.

If you’re in Switzerland before October 22, and not planning to take any boat trips or cable cars, you may want to have a look at the so called “Good Morning Ticket Jungfraujoch.” They start to sell reduced tickets as of May 5: http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/good-morning-ticket-jungfraujoch/

If you let us know what your interests are, we could give you more specific information as to what to see and do. In the meantime, please have a look at the links below, where you’ll find information about the highlights we’ve listed:

We’re happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2018 at 9:40:10 #873903

WOW Chantal Thankyou firstly for your quick reply and the info which was fantastic

yes will arrive on the 2nd October so the morning pass is good value for us

Im 60 and my parner is 55 and we love scenery hence why we are staying in this area and we rather see the things that the locals find interesting as apposed to tourist attractions. Castles walled cities and the such. We plan on staying in Montreux on our way to Interlaken for 2 days We are not big on museums but do enjoy the odd church Lakes water falls are of interest also Because we only have 7 days we are trying to cram the best things to do and must see One day taken visiting Jungfraujoch as we dont want to miss this on our visit We do enjoy the history side of the places we visit also. I hope this adds a bit more information

Again i thankyou for your current information

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2018 at 14:48:19 #873904

I have a few suggestions:

1. Lavaux vineyards, the colors will be beautiful in October
    2. Activities in Montreux. The Chillon Castle might be of your interest. If you would like to explore the Montreux Riviera in a completely different way, check out “Be My Guide”. I think this is an initiative of the tourist office in Montreux.
    3. I don’t know which route you’ll take from Montreux to Interlaken, but I guess the scenic one so you will most probably pass Gruyère, a medieval town (and tourist location) and Gstaad. If for some reason you’ll take the highway then don’t forget to visit Fribourg.
    4. Bern, Thun, Brienz and Lucerne.
    5. Trümmelbach waterfalls in Lauterbrunnen.
    6. On your way to Italy visit Bellinzona and Lugano.
    7. I know that you don’t need to rent a car but the information on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/c ar might give you some ideas for scenic trips. If you visit the websites of the different retailers you’ll find some suggestions. If you decide to do a scenic trip which includes mountain passes be sure to check the road conditions here.

I hope this helps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 4:43:19 #873905

Thankyou Chantal

Yes thats a fantastic help Seems my better half now wants to visit all those places

Thanks again

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for day trip to Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.