Recommendation for Train Pass and Swiss Tour (6d)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2015 at 17:37:13 #807370

Hello There,

I am planning for Swiss Tour in Aug 2015 for 6 days (i.e. 5 nights). We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children). Can you please advice on the best option in order to buy train passes for 6 days?

Further can you please recommend a tour for these 6 days – considering where children can enjoy the most (Children ages are 12, 9, & 7).

A friend suggested to spend 2-nights in Luzern/Lucerne; 2-nights in Interlaken; and 1-night in Montreaux. Is this a good suggestion or someone can suggest me something better. What are the best places to visit in these areas or if you suggest some other option then please suggest the places.

Please note that this is first time I will be visiting Switzerland/Europe.

Appreciate your response.

regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 June 2015 at 6:12:38 #843735

Hi shariques,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! What do you and the children like to do? Hiking, boat trips, shopping, train rides, cable cars, museums? I’m sure the children would like the Swiss Museum of Transport. Click ‘What to do’ in the menu for more suggestions.

It will be easier to decide where to go once you know what you expect from the trip. Click ‘Where to go’ to find regions and towns. Once you have a plan, you can pick a rail pass that fits it. Please see here for further planning tips. I would not pick more than two base towns. Staying one night in any town doesn’t leave a lot of time for sightseeing, and you’d be totally dependent on the weather in the few hours you’re there, without the option to shift plans a bit.

• The thread ‘Recommendation for Train Pass and Swiss Tour (6d)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.