Rhine Falls trip from Zurich with Swiss rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2017 at 15:31:41 #810707

My swiss rail pass will start on 6/1 for 8 days. Can I use it on 5/31 within zurich and train travel to Rhine falls? will count as 1st day. do I have to buy separate pass for other days. What is the cost of entrance tkts to Rhine falls. Is it cheaper to take a tour or go on your own.

Rika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 February 2017 at 19:11:05 #858617

Hi Rika,

I am not sure which exact pass you have. I guess it is the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex, is that right? In any case you cannot use a pass before it’s start date. You can buy a day card in Zurich which covers the region including the Rhine Falls.

Our Rhine Falls page provides information about the falls, links to prices and tours, so you can compare your options there. The tours listed on the packages tab can be a good option if you prefer to see a lot in a short time, and transportation is included so it could be handy for a day without a train pass.

• The thread ‘Rhine Falls trip from Zurich with Swiss rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.