Romance near Champéry and Lake Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kyle
Kyle
3 posts
Aug 28, 2019 - 1:26 AM

Hello!

I'm heading to Switzerland with my girlfriend on the 12th of September. We are staying in Champéry for a trail race but will have a car to explore other areas. I'm thinking of proposing, but it's very hard to plan from over 5,000 miles away. Does anyone have any romantic places they recommend nearby (within a 1-2 hour car ride)? We enjoy hiking, kayaking and eating at great restaurants. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Ildiko
Ildiko
396 posts
top member &
Aug 28, 2019 - 5:14 AM in reply to Kyle

Hi Kyle and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Wow, that is fantastic and exciting! Lac d'Emosson is quite close to you, I love that place so much. You can go up there with a car too, but I definitely recommend to take the funicular from Le Châtelard Emosson, after the funicular there will be a panoramic little train and in the end a minifinicular: verticalp-emosson.ch.

My other advice would be Montreux (www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux/activities) and the Chillon castle with a boat trip on Lake Geneva (www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakegeneva). I have done this tour (Montreux, Chillon, boat) several times, and it is so lovely cannot get bored with it.

Roche-de-Naye from Montreux is beautiful too: www.myswissalps.com/ro chersdenaye. Glacier 3000 is close to you too.

I suggest you to browse these pages: www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux/activities and www.myswissalps.com/la kegeneva/activities, you will find other nice ideas there.

You might find these also interesting regarding using the car: www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain and www.myswissalps.com/co 2compensation :)

Last modified on Aug 28, 2019 - 5:46 PM by Ildiko
Kyle
Kyle
3 posts
Aug 28, 2019 - 3:57 PM in reply to Ildiko

This is incredible. Thank you so much for all of these recommendations! I think Lac d'Emosson will be the place! Riding there instead of driving sounds fun too. Are there any recommendations for romantic restaurants in the evening? :)

Kyle
Kyle
3 posts
Aug 28, 2019 - 3:59 PM in reply to Kyle

Also, is there a certain area of the lake that is most beautiful for the proposal or an area to have a picnic?

Ildiko
Ildiko
396 posts
top member &
Aug 28, 2019 - 8:35 PM in reply to Kyle

There is only one restaurant on the top, next to the dam, but that one is not romantic at all in my opinion. If you take your blanket with you, you can have a picnic next to the dam. There was a smaller field with grass, really small.

1960man
1960man
2257 posts
top member
Aug 29, 2019 - 11:25 PM

Emosson is very unusual and well worth a visit.

I wouldn't say it is romantic in the conventional sense but it would be a superb place for your plan by the look of your shared interests

Last modified on Aug 29, 2019 - 11:26 PM by 1960man

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019