Saver pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2011 at 15:49:16 #804413

I am traveling with a friend through Switzerland for eight days in July. We are planning to buy an eight day swiss saver pass. However I am flying into Zurich and then taking a train to Lucerne, and he will be meeting me there after taking a train from Milan to Lucerne. Can I buy a saver pass for the two of us in Zurich without his physical presence there with me, so that I can use the pass to get to Lucerne. If not, is my best option to buy a one way to Lucerne, and then buy the pass the following day after the two of us are together?

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 June 2011 at 3:12:46 #833231

Hi Volfson,

I think it should be possible to locally purchase the pass alone and write his passport number on the pass later, but I’m not 100% sure whether railway personnel needs to check all passports. Please also consider purchasing in advance, as that’s cheaper in many cases and more practical as well: if your friend takes along the pass, he could use it for the Swiss portion of his trip to Lucerne. That’s longer and more expensive than Zurich – Lucerne, so the total savings would be greater. Local and online prices can be found on the Swiss Pass page (be sure to enter all information like your country and number of travelers to get the right price). You may qualify for an extra discount on top of that. In either case, a Swiss Saver Pass may be used for traveling by one person while the other person does not use it.

• The thread ‘Saver pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.