SBB mobile app registration error

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maxiegomez
maxiegomez
2 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 2:44 AM

I'm new to this forum, so I hope this isn't a dumb question!

I've used the SBB mobile app for iPhone on my trip to Switzerland last September, but was never able to register an account, so I could purchase rail tickets, but only look at schedules. I'm returning in September, and trying again to register an acct. No luck. I keep getting a pop up window that says "Registration failed. Input error: Invalid input data. I'm using a yahoo.com email address, a password with small letters,caps and a numeral.

So my question is: Do you have to have a Swiss email or something?

What could I be doing wrong?

rockoyster
rockoyster
4993 posts
expert
Aug 20, 2017 - 2:55 AM in reply to maxiegomez

Hello Maxie and welcome to MySwissAlps

When I did this earlier this year I first created an account using the SBB website then used the app to log on to that account. See www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/register.do?sprache=en

Once I did this I had no problem purchasing tickets (or more specifically class upgrades) via the app.

I used a gmail account so don't believe SBB would discriminate against yahoo.com.

Last modified on Aug 20, 2017 - 2:58 AM by rockoyster
maxiegomez
maxiegomez
2 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 3:34 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you, Rockoyster!! Worked like a charm!!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019