SBB mobile app registration error

SBB mobile app registration error

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maxiegomez
maxiegomez
2 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 2:44 AM

I'm new to this forum, so I hope this isn't a dumb question!

I've used the SBB mobile app for iPhone on my trip to Switzerland last September, but was never able to register an account, so I could purchase rail tickets, but only look at schedules. I'm returning in September, and trying again to register an acct. No luck. I keep getting a pop up window that says "Registration failed. Input error: Invalid input data. I'm using a yahoo.com email address, a password with small letters,caps and a numeral.

So my question is: Do you have to have a Swiss email or something?

What could I be doing wrong?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3382 posts
expert
Aug 20, 2017 - 2:55 AM in reply to maxiegomez

Hello Maxie and welcome to MySwissAlps

When I did this earlier this year I first created an account using the SBB website then used the app to log on to that account. See www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/register.do?sprache=en

Once I did this I had no problem purchasing tickets (or more specifically class upgrades) via the app.

I used a gmail account so don't believe SBB would discriminate against yahoo.com.

Last modified on Aug 20, 2017 - 2:58 AM by rockoyster
maxiegomez
maxiegomez
2 posts
Aug 20, 2017 - 3:34 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you, Rockoyster!! Worked like a charm!!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018