Schilthorn group discount with Swiss Travel Pass

• Dalmascat
    Participant
    11 posts
    12 July 2022 at 20:36:43 #827758

Hello,

It is my understanding that we can get a group rate for Schilthorn since we all have a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass, at the rate of 30 CHF.

I have already put in the time table reservations with SBB. The Pass gets us to Murren, but how do I get the actual Group Ticket from Murren to Schilthorn at this group rate? On the SBB site, there is a checkbox for the ‘GA 2nd class Travel Card’ but not for the Swiss Travel Pass. How do I get the 30 CHF rate? What checkbox do I check?

Also, can I get the Group Ticket the same day and still get the time I sent in for the reservation with SBB on my Dossier ? Where do I get the ticket…. at the Wengen Train station, the one we are close to? On the SBB site, it says I have to get group ticket 2 days before. but the Schilthorn site, it says same day. So confusing.

See screen print attached.

Thank you,

Dora Dalmas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    12 July 2022 at 21:24:34 #944252

Hi Dora Dalmas,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I’m assuming you just need the group tickets at group rate for the trip from Mürren to Schilthorn. In this case, you can get them directly from the cable car station in Stechelberg or Mürren on the day of travel. Or you can call the group reservation line: +41 33 856 21 50

Let us know if you still have concerns.

Regards,

Anna

Dalmascat
    Participant
    11 posts
    12 July 2022 at 21:44:51 #944253

Hi Anna,

You are correct – only need Murren to Schilthorn and back. So will they sell me the tickets for the time I sent in to SBB? Our group is on a tight schedule is why I am asking. Thank you so much, Dora

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2022 at 8:11:50 #944254

Hi Dora Dalmas,

yes, usually the ‘GA 2nd class Travel Card’ gives the same discount as the Swiss Travel Pass, so you can use that one. To make sure you have the tickets in time, I would do it 2 days in advance as the SBB site tells you.

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Schilthorn group discount with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.