About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Schilthorn group discount with Swiss Travel Pass
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Schilthorn group discount with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dalmascat
Dalmascat
11 posts
Jul 12, 2022 - 8:36 PM

Hello,

It is my understanding that we can get a group rate for Schilthorn since we all have a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass, at the rate of 30 CHF.

I have already put in the time table reservations with SBB. The Pass gets us to Murren, but how do I get the actual Group Ticket from Murren to Schilthorn at this group rate? On the SBB site, there is a checkbox for the 'GA 2nd class Travel Card' but not for the Swiss Travel Pass. How do I get the 30 CHF rate? What checkbox do I check?

Also, can I get the Group Ticket the same day and still get the time I sent in for the reservation with SBB on my Dossier ? Where do I get the ticket.... at the Wengen Train station, the one we are close to? On the SBB site, it says I have to get group ticket 2 days before. but the Schilthorn site, it says same day. So confusing.

See screen print attached.

Thank you,

Dora Dalmas

Attachments
Anna
Anna
3904 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2022 - 9:24 PM in reply to Dalmascat

Hi Dora Dalmas,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I'm assuming you just need the group tickets at group rate for the trip from Mürren to Schilthorn. In this case, you can get them directly from the cable car station in Stechelberg or Mürren on the day of travel. Or you can call the group reservation line: +41 33 856 21 50

Let us know if you still have concerns.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 12, 2022 - 9:25 PM by Anna
Dalmascat
Dalmascat
11 posts
Jul 12, 2022 - 9:44 PM in reply to Anna

Hi Anna,

You are correct - only need Murren to Schilthorn and back. So will they sell me the tickets for the time I sent in to SBB? Our group is on a tight schedule is why I am asking. Thank you so much, Dora

Ildiko
Ildiko
2515 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2022 - 8:11 AM in reply to Dalmascat

Hi Dora Dalmas,

yes, usually the 'GA 2nd class Travel Card' gives the same discount as the Swiss Travel Pass, so you can use that one. To make sure you have the tickets in time, I would do it 2 days in advance as the SBB site tells you.

Ildiko

Last modified on Jul 13, 2022 - 8:12 AM by Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022