Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Schilthorn with Jungfraujoch or Grindelwald?

Schilthorn with Jungfraujoch or Grindelwald?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
CAMAHESH
CAMAHESH
11 posts
Dec 28, 2019 - 10:54 AM

Dear Team We will be staying in Interlaken and need some informatin. Can we do Jungfraujoch and Schilthron or Schilthron and Grindelwald on the sane day ( including village visit ) Any other suggestion for Sightseeing

Anna
Anna
720 posts
top member &
Dec 28, 2019 - 11:29 AM in reply to CAMAHESH

Hi Camahesh,

It is indeed possible to visit Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn on the same day. It will be a stretch but not impossible. I would say combining Schilthorn and Grindelwald is more sensible. In both cases, you need to take the earliest connection in the morning and much will depend how long you wish to spend time in each destination.

You did not mention when you are travelling. If you are travelling during the winter months, do take note of the short daylight hours. A Jungfraujoch roundtrip takes a while and you may have to travel in the dark during some part of your journey.

You'll find all details regarding routes and tickets here:

Please use the SBB timetable to plan your journey from Interlaken: www.myswissalps.com/timetable

For other activities and sightseeing suggestions in Interlaken: www.myswissalps.com/interlaken

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Dec 28, 2019 - 11:30 AM by Anna
CAMAHESH
CAMAHESH
11 posts
Dec 28, 2019 - 11:42 AM

Dear Anna

Thanks for this. I m travelling in month of May 20

Can we combine Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch

Anna
Anna
720 posts
top member &
Dec 28, 2019 - 11:50 AM in reply to CAMAHESH

Hi again Camahesh,

Indeed you can. In fact you can do a round trip as follows: Interlaken - Grindelwald - Jungfraujoch - Wengen - Lauterbrunnen - Interlaken, or do it in reverse.

The route description is outlined clearly here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere

Regards,

Anna

Mark
Mark
475 posts
top member
Dec 28, 2019 - 5:38 PM

Generally the earlier you go to Jungfraujoch the less crowded. Mid morning to mid afternoon can be very crowded in summer. It may not be as bad in May but I wouldn’t count on it. Also if it is very cloudy you won’t see much so you can check the forecast the day before you go as well as the live cam. This will necessitate waiting till the morning you want to visit to purchase your tickets but that shouldn’t be a problem especially in May.

In Grindelwald you might consider taking the gondola to First. It is near the train station and a very nice view. If you have an 1.5 hrs you can take the easy and mostly level walk from First to Bachalpsee and back. It is very scenic.

Mark

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7254 posts
expert
Dec 29, 2019 - 12:17 AM in reply to Mark

Hi Mark -

Since CAMAHESH has not provided her actual travel dates, it is worth asking whether the walk to Bachalpsee will be available. I'm guessing it will not be available during some parts of May. You probably know better than I.

Slowpoke

Mark
Mark
475 posts
top member
Dec 29, 2019 - 12:56 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Hi Slowpoke

Your right, most likely it will be impassable due to snow. I suppose it may be open the end of May if they have warm weather but I have never been there in May so I really don’t know. Actually First to Grosse Scheidegg gets more sun exposure and is more likely to be clear enough to walk on.

Mark

Last modified on Dec 29, 2019 - 12:58 AM by Mark

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020