Seat reservation and tickets for Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2020 at 6:47:54 #825366

Can someone confirm that if I have a seat reservation for the bernina express I can pick the tickets up on the day and I don’t need to buy them in advance?

I can’t see a way to apply my reservation to a ticket booking online and when I tried to buy 2 tickets it wanted me to buy reservations again as well and couldn’t select the seats we had reserved.

Just don’t want to get to the station on the day to be told we do not have tickets and cannot travel!!

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6384 posts
    28 February 2020 at 7:09:33 #930937

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, I’m sure it is possible to get a point-to-point ticket on the day if you already have a seat reservation on the Bernina Express. However if you have a railpass such as the Swiss Travel Pass, you don’t need a ticket at all. More info about the Swiss Travel Pass here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

You can also consider getting the Saver Day Pass. Sometimes a Saver Day Pass is cheaper than a regular point-to-point ticket. Please find more details in the links below:

Regards,

Anna

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    28 February 2020 at 10:03:25 #930938

Can someone confirm that if I have a seat reservation for the bernina express I can pick the tickets up on the day and I don’t need to buy them in advance?

Yes. You can buy tickets at the station before you board or better yet see http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables.

• The thread ‘Seat reservation and tickets for Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.