Seniors and travel in Switzerland interrupted

Seniors and travel in Switzerland interrupted

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
admiral72
admiral72
19 posts
Apr 9, 2018 - 4:49 PM

Good Morning from United States and Ohio,

My wife is having a family reunion in Italy from 8/4 until 8/12. She will be 60 y/o and I will be 68 when we travel.

We arrive in Geneva on 7/30 and plan to go to Montreaux and spend the night and then take the scenic Golden pass train to Zweissmmen the next morning, take the cable car up and hike to Schonried and take the bus back and spend the night in Zweismmen.

The next morning take the train to Lacarno and spend the night before taking the train to Bologna and spend two nights there before taking the train to Perugia where we will stay at a villa for 8 days. (8/12) is our last day and she and I will return to Switerland and Lugano and resume our train travels in Switzerland until we depart for home on 8/29.

I researched your site for best pass for us, but the 15 day restriction seems to the problem. We need something else that would allow us to spend 10 days in Italy in between our Swiss adventure.

Can you help us with the right rail pass and is there a senior discount.

Many thanks,

David

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 9, 2018 - 6:23 PM in reply to admiral72

Hi David, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

For the first part of your trip in Switzerland you need to see if a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass is the best option. Concerning the second part of your trip in Switzerland, if I'm not mistaken you will spend 17 days . You could probably do with a point-to-point ticket or a Saver Day Pass on your first day and last day so that leaves 15 days for a Swiss Travel Pass.

You only will know for sure if you have a clearly mapped out itinerary. Based on your itinerary you need to do the sums based on the cost of all your planned trips on trains, boats, cable cars etc. This page has a spreadsheet to help you.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a senior discount.

admiral72
admiral72
19 posts
Apr 9, 2018 - 7:03 PM in reply to Chantal

many thanks

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018