Shaping itinery for swiss tour

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2013 at 10:25:49 #805899

hello,
    thank u very much for patiently solving all my queries,….it has been very helpful in finalising my itinery,…however in the day trips in BO on your site ,the round trip journey 2, the timings dont match with those on the sbb.ch site, so will we be held up for the mannlichen to grindelwald gondolas if the train timings r changed, same about wengen -mannlichen gondola,
    will i have to pay for the funicular to Neisen, if i have the swiss saver pass,?…..please clarify..
    thank u in anticipation….

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 April 2013 at 13:48:15 #838341

You’re most welcome nikita123! The timings of the round trip indeed don’t match exactly. As mentioned on the page, the times are by approximation. They’re just displayed to provide an impression of the times of travelling, so that you know what’s doable in a day. The actual times are different per season. Weekdays/weekends may make a difference as well.

The Niesen is discounted by 50% with a Swiss Pass. Just download the map from the Swiss Pass page for such details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2013 at 11:24:22 #838342

hello, thank u very much,….that was a great help,
    may sound a bit silly , but just for memory sake , i would love to get a picture of myself n my husband in swiss local attire,
    where n how can i manage that,and how much would it cost me……

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 April 2013 at 4:59:47 #838343

Hi,

I’m sure you can have such pictures being taken in multiple places, but the only one I know of is the photo studio at the top of the Titlis. Please be sure to post the result here 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2013 at 11:22:19 #838344

thank u very much, that was very useful,my latest query isi will b taking a swiss saver pass for 15 days, i will b in interlaken from 6thjune to 12th june,however, i want to jungfraujoch, schilthorn, tummelbach.
    schynige platte, harderkulm,roung trip from interlaken west to neisen, wengen to mannlichen, mannlichen to grindelwald grung, griendelwald first,….is it advisable to take a jungfrau bahn pass too,what will b economical the jungfraubahn pass for 6 consecutive days or paying 50% on th funniculars, n cable cars with the swiss saver pass…….i am confused…..
    please help……
    niks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2013 at 11:29:53 #838345

hello,
    i will b in zurich from 13th to 17th june, please can u suggest places i shud visit these 4 days…….i was planning mt titlis, lucerne, ( how many hours will i need in lucerne), we r group of 4 all 50+, so hiking n adventure not on our lisit……. can i buy day trip tickets when i reach zurich, as paying in dollars , CHF, EUROS,invites forex charges when i pay by credit card,i will b staying at the holiday inn express rumalang, do they help with some tour bookings, or please can u suggest some reasonable n reliable tour operates near Zurich HB……..thanx
    niks

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 April 2013 at 14:26:14 #838346

Hi nikita. In most cases it’s not economical to buy an additional pass on top of your Swiss Saver Pass. The Swiss Saver Pass already provides either free traveling or a 50% discount on the trips you mention. You’d have to make calculations to see whether an extra Jungfraubahnen Pass would be worth the money.

I think you’ve gathered quite some tips for your stay in Zurich. We’ve already mentioned the city tour. Indeed, Lucerne and surroundings (including Pilatus and Rigi) can be very well reached too. You could also make a boat trip over lake Zurich, explore the town itself, visit the National Museum, get up to viewing point Uetliberg, and so on.

As for buying tickets: for many trips you won’t need any tickets, since you’ll have a Swiss Saver Pass. If you do need an additional (discounted) ticket, you can buy it at the spot right before boarding. Larger companies/rail stations often accept credit cards and allow you to choose your currency; smaller comapnies don’t always. So it’s wise to have some cash in Swiss francs. In most cases you don’t have to book in advance, so you won’t need a tour operator either. Nearly all trips can be planned in advance with the aid of the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2013 at 12:57:44 #838347

thank u so much, that was indeed helpful.i have decided to do a round trip wjile in interlaken , ie,interlaken via bern to lausanne, then to vevey n montreux and back to interlaken via visp n speiz.can u please suggest how i go about in lausanne, vevey n montreux, the to see places,…..as i am not getting much help from the google search,.
    thank u in advance

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 April 2013 at 5:23:09 #838348

Hello nikita,

I would recommend to pick only one place to visit in each of these towns, at walking distance of the rail station, as you have limited time if you want to do all of this in one day. I would personally like to stroll a bit along Lake Geneva; you can easily do so in Montreux as the lake is really close to the rail station. There’s a lot to see in Lausanne and it really depends on what you’re interested in. Some suggestions are on the hotel page of Lausanne. In Vevey, there are quite some museums near the rail station, and markets you might like to visit.

• The thread ‘Shaping itinery for swiss tour’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.