Buy a Swiss Travel Pass for 2 days in Lucerne?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ApplePie
ApplePie
6 posts
Oct 21, 2016 - 1:51 PM

I will be travelling to Lucerne next year March 2017. Will arrive Basel and directly travel to Lucerne by Train. I will staying there for 2 days. Which Swiss Train Travel Pass should i buy? Which one fit my itinerary? I want to go Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi.

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Oct 21, 2016 - 2:17 PM

Hi ApplePie, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are 3 passes to consider:

• 3-day Swiss Travel Pass: everything except Mount Pilatus is included (it is 50% off). Most museums are free as well.
  • 2-day Tell-Pass: everything around Lucerne is included except for museums. Your trip from Basel is not included either.
  • Swiss Half Fare Card: 50% off everything. Museums are not included.

If you want to calculate the price difference you can read these instructions.

ApplePie
ApplePie
6 posts
Oct 21, 2016 - 2:32 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno for replying...

will be arriving on 17th mac in Basel and 19th Mac fly back from zurich......my itineraryin Luzern is Mt Pilatus/Rigi priority, all the cogwheels, boat, gondola, bus, train is free , right?

Regards..

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Oct 21, 2016 - 3:04 PM in reply to ApplePie

Hi ApplePie,

The "Where it's valid" section of each of the pass pages explains about the area of validity. There's a map too.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019